Description: Open postdoctoral position at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), in the laboratory of Zicheng Hu (https://zichenghulab.ucsf.edu).
About Us: Our group develops and applies innovative computational methods to analyze high-dimensional, multi-omics data from immunological studies. The team collaborates with immunologists and oncologists to characterize the immune responses in multiple types of diseases, including Malaria, Influenza, SARS-COV2, and cancer.
Current research projects in the lab include:
- Longitudinal study of naturally acquired immunity in malaria patients.
- Deep immune profiling of COVID19 patients.
- Mining massive public data to discover modulators of ACE2 and TMPRSS2 expression.
- System immunology to characterize the impact of latent herpes virus.
- Computational drug discovery to improve cancer immunotherapy.
About the position: The researcher will take a lead role in the existing projects in the lab. At the same time, the researcher is encouraged to explore new research directions based on his/her research background. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Analysis of multi-omics data (RNA-seq, CyTOF, antibody arrays, and others) from immunological studies.
- Develop methods to improve integrative analysis of high-dimensional data.
- Translate the analysis result to scientific insights by integrating multi-omics data with biologic knowledge and clinical data.
About you: The candidate will have strong motivation, intellectual independence, and an impeccable work ethic.
The candidate meets at least 4 out of the 6 requirements:
- Strong programming skills in languages such as R, Python, SQL, and Linux shell scripting.
- Excellent track record of analyzing high-dimensional data using statistics and bioinformatics methods.
- Extensive knowledge in molecular biology, immunology, or cancer biology.
- Strong attention to detail and solid analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Documented track record of scientific achievement.
The candidate has one of the following educational backgrounds:
- PhD. in bioinformatics, statistics, computer science, computational biology, or other quantitative disciplines.
- PhD. in immunology, cancer biology, or microbiology with keen interest and experience in analyzing large datasets.
Contact: [email protected]
Required Materials: Cover letter, CV, 2+ references (contact information only)
|Job Category||Teaching and scientific research|