6G Flagship is now looking for 15 postdoctoral researchers to help shape the future of wireless communications, design future radio components and architectures, lay the groundwork for future society’s needs, and test interoperability across verticals.
Professor Matti Latva-aho leads the world’s first 6G research programme. The research is multi-disciplinary, comprising four interconnected research areas: wireless connectivity, devices and circuit technology, distributed intelligence, and human-centric wireless services. These subthemes guide the areas of research:
- Advanced networking technologies
- Wireless access technologies
- Massive wireless automation
- Radio platforms
- Radio hardware
- Experiments and proofs of concept
- Computing on the edge-to-cloud continuum
- Distributed AI
- Multimodal sensing and modelling
- 5G Test Network to 6G Test Network
- Strategic vertical areas
- Sustainability, business, and regulation
The ideal candidate will have a doctorate in engineering, mathematics, physics, or a relevant field from no more than ten years ago and a track record of publications. A successful candidate will also be able to operate independently as part of an international team and speak and write well in English. Previous project management experience is preferred but not required.
Postdoctoral Researcher will conduct research work within a research team, publish research results in the most esteemed international forums, and participate in mentoring and teaching students, project management, and grant applications.
What we offer
- A unique position at the pinnacle of 6G research within one of the field’s leading and largest academic groups.
- Possibility to influence global 6G vision and standard direction in collaboration with our international partner network.
- Possibility to develop your skills towards other relevant research directions within 6G Flagship.
- University of Oulu’s wide variety of support services is at your disposal, including an exciting Spouse program, allowing you to focus on your research.
- In addition to modern research facilities, we offer you personnel benefits such as free occupational healthcare, affordable sports services and endless opportunities to develop your skills and competencies.
- Regular salary is paid 12 months per year, including paid leave and an additional holiday bonus in the summer.
- You will also receive benefits provided by the Finnish government to residents, for example, the possibility to obtain access to the national healthcare system, tax benefits for employees with children and high-quality, affordable childcare services.
How to apply
Applications and all relevant attachments must be submitted either by using the application link to a specific job opening at 6G Flasghip’s website or by sending an open application. The applications are to be written in English. They should include the following:
1) A motivation letter (max. two pages) summarising the applicant’s professional experience and expertise and describing why the applicant is interested in this position. Information on personal research interests, experience and career plans is valuable to provide here.
2) Curriculum vitae (max. five pages), preferably written per the Finnish Advisory Board on Research Integrity guidelines, available at http://www.tenk.fi/en/template-researchers-curriculum-vitae.
3) List of publications based on the guidelines of the Academy of Finland
4) Certificates/Diplomas: Scanned copy of the original master’s and doctoral degrees certificate and transcript of records and official translations to English where necessary.
5) Contact information of two senior/experienced researchers who may be asked to vouch for the candidate.
6) A research plan (max. 4-5 pages)
These postdoctoral positions will be located at the University of Oulu’s 6G Flagship within the Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering.
|Job Category||Post doc|