TU Wien is Austria’s largest institution of research and higher education in the fields of technology and natural sciences. With over 26,000 students and more than 4000 scientists, research, teaching and learning dedicated to the advancement of science and technology have been conducted here for more than 200 years, guided by the motto “Technology for People”. As a driver of innovation, TU Wien fosters close collaboration with business and industry and contributes to the prosperity of society.
At the Institute of Computer Engineering, in the Research Unit of Parallel Computing TU Wien is offering a position as university assistant (prae-doc) limited to expected 4 years for 30 hours/week. Expected start: October 2023.
- Collaboration on research and teaching tasks as well as examinations
- Teaching in German and English is expected
- Cooperation and guidance of students
- Research and project activity
- Writing a dissertation and publications
- Participation in scientific events
- Assistance/Collaboration in organizational and administrative tasks
- Completion of a master or diploma curriculum in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Skillful and responsible in experimental work
- Experience in the following scientific fields: Algorithms, Data structures, programming languages, parallel computing
- Interest in research in the field as well as supervision and work with students
- Very good skills in English communication and writing. Knowledge of German (level B2) or willingness to learn it in the first year
- Very good communicative skills and team competences and innovative ability
- A wide variety and exciting range of tasks in a collegial team
- A range of attractive social benefits (see Fringe-Benefit Catalogue of TU Wien)
- Wide range of internal and external training opportunities, various career options
- Central location of workplace as well as good accessibility (U1/U4 Karlsplatz)
Entry level salary is determined by the pay grade B1 of the Austrian collective agreement for university staff. This is a minimum of currently EUR 2,458.00/month gross, 14 times/year for 30 hours/week. Relevant working experiences may increase the monthly income. We look forward to receiving your application until October 5th, 2023.
TU Wien is committed to increasing the proportion of women in particular in leadership positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women when equally qualified, unless reasons specific to a male applicant tilt the balance in his favour. People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university, Mr. Gerhard Neustätter.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us Carmen Keck | T: +43 1 588 01 406201 Here you can find also relevant information about the application process.