The Barbro Klein Fellowship Programme is a newly launched research programme, which intends to advance
the study of cultural diversity in a global perspective. The fellowship is open to scholars from across disciplines
in the humanities and social sciences, with an emphasis on research on cultural and social diversity, cultural
heritage and creativity, societal structures and public resistance, and varieties of cultural expressions in local
and global perspective.
The programme gives fellows the opportunity to concentrate on their own research interests, free from the
teaching and administrative obligations of ordinary university life. Fellows are, however, expected to be active
members of the scholarly community of the Collegium and to participate in seminars and academic events
beyond their own fields of specialization.
The fellowship programme encourages, but is not limited to, applications from talented younger scholars in
non-Western countries and of underrepresented gender. At the time of application, the candidate must have
held a PhD (or equivalent degree) for at least three years. The application must have a promising track record
of independent achievements beyond the post-doctoral level, including significant publications, and be active
in international fora.
Scholars may apply for a full academic year or one semester.
Fellows receive a monthly salary, the size of which will be decided after consultation with the fellow and a
consideration of relevant circumstances. Applicants may want to consider seeking additional financial support
from other sources, such as sabbatical leave. The Collegium will provide and pay for accommodation for
fellows who do not live in the Stockholm–Uppsala region.
Application and Deadline
Final decisions are taken by the Principal of the Collegium in consultation with a selection committee
composed of Long-term Fellows. This means that all applications (including personal data) will be down-
loaded by members of the selection committee, and may also be sent to external referees, outside of the
Application procedure for the academic year 2021-22
The application should be submitted by the applicant using the Uppsala University Varbi application system.
Please note that prior to submitting your application, you must create an account in Varbi.
Find out more and apply here: Varbi
Information on the application process for the academic year 2022-23 will be available during the autumn
term of 2020.
The deadline for application for the academic year 2021/22 is on 1 October 2020.
The deadline for application for the academic year 2022/23 is on 1 July 2021.
If you have any questions about the Barbro Klein Fellowship Programme, please contact the secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- Position de doctorat en visualisation -Université du Danemark du Sudسبتمبر 23, 2020
- Embauche d’un groupe d’assistant / associé / professeur titulaire au Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Centerسبتمبر 23, 2020
- Chirurgien des petits animaux -École de médecine de l’Université de Washingtonسبتمبر 23, 2020
- Offre de bourses d’études en Egypteسبتمبر 23, 2020
- Chercheur postdoctoral / hématologie en médecine -Centre des sciences de la santé de l’Université du Tennessee (UTHSC)سبتمبر 23, 2020
- Bourses postdoctorales IACS, USAسبتمبر 23, 2020
- l’Université de Chicago sollicite des candidatures pour un poste de professeurسبتمبر 23, 2020
- Associé de recherche en Diamond Maser Quantum Electronics -Imperial College London (ICL)سبتمبر 23, 2020
- Chercheur postdoctoral en génomique bactérienne -NIH National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Bethesda, MD, États-Unisسبتمبر 23, 2020
- Assistant, associé ou professeur en génomique humaine et médecine de précision – Génomique somatique, Madison, WI, États-Unisسبتمبر 23, 2020