The Excellence Programme is initiated by Wageningen University & Research to attract excellent students for a Master’s programme, and who might have the potential to do a PhD after their MSc graduation. In Wageningen or elsewhere.
Available scholarships: 10
Application deadline for MSc programme: 1 February 2022
Start MSc programme: 1 September 2022 or February 2023
Components of the scholarship:
- A tuition fee waiver for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- A budget for one seminar in Europe (travel, stay, registration fee)
- A budget for participation in the ‘reach your full potential programme’
- You come from a country outside the European Economic Area (and Switzerland)
- You have applied for one of the MSc programmes at Wageningen University & Research before 1 February 2022. Please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme?
- You have a high GPA of 80% or higher. A First Class honours BSc graduation or equivalent is required
- One or two letter(s) of recommendation uploaded during your MSc application; written by a dean, teacher or academic supervisor that demonstrates your affinity and talent for academic research
The selection procedure for this scholarship is based on invitation. It’s not possible to apply directly.
If you feel that that the requirements above apply to you, you can apply for an MSc programme and, after being unconditionally admitted, we might invite you to participate in the Excellence Programme selection procedure.
For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme? (Non EU/EFTA)
A list of Wageningen University MSc programmes can be found here
In the first half of March 2022, all students who have been unconditionally admitted to an MSc programme at Wageningen University will be assessed with regard to the Excellence Scholarship Programme.
A selected group of candidates will be invited by e-mail on 18 April, 2022 to participate in the Excellence selection procedure. Only candidates who will be invited for the selection will receive an e-mail. It will be announced on the website (under step 4) when the invitations have been sent.
The first step of the selection procedure consists of an assignment for which the deadline will be 2 May, 2022.
After a thorough assessment of all received assignments and if we feel it’s necessary, a smaller selection of candidates can be invited for a Skype interview with a part the selection committee. The Skype interviews will take place on 19 May or 20 May, 2022.
All selected candidates who have been invited to write an assignment will be informed on 16 May, 2022 whether or not they will be invited for a Skype interview.
On 24 May, 2022, the result of the selection process will be communicated to all candidates who wrote an assignment.
The possible results are:
- Positive and an Excellence Programme scholarship will be granted;
- Positive but the candidate will be placed on a waiting list;
- Negative, meaning that no Excellence Programme scholarship will be granted.
Important dates for the Excellence programme at a glance:
1 February 2022: Deadline to apply for an MSc programme
18 April 2022: Invitation of selected candidates to take part in the further selection process (approx. 30 candidates will be selected)
2 May 2022: Deadline for the assignment
16 May 2022: Decision about Skype interviews communicated
19 or 20 May 2022: Skype interviews, if needed
24 May 2022: Results of the selection process communicated