CIVIS member universities seek to welcome experienced researchers, with excellent CVs and professional experience, as part of the Marie Sklodowska-Curie individual scholarship funding program .
The MSCA-IF program grants two types of research grants:
- European grant (EF-ST): the research is carried out in a European host institution and has a duration of 1 to 2 years
- Global Fellowship (GF): the research is carried out in a country outside Europe for 1 to 2 years (“outgoing phase”) then it must be concluded in a European host institution for 1 year (“return phase”).
Specific funding is dedicated to researchers at the end of their careers (Career Restart Panel – EF-CAR) and to support the return of European researchers from Europe (Reintegration Panel – EF-RI).
The MSCA-IF-2020 call is now open (deadline 9 September 2020).
Who can apply for an MSCA-IF?
Researchers of all ages, nationalities and disciplines who:
- hold a doctorate or at least 4 years of full-time research experience
- have not resided or exercised their main activity in the country of the host establishment for more than 12 months during the 3 years preceding the call (mobility rule).
For world scholarships, the mobility rule applies to the country of the host institution during the outgoing phase (third country).
For reintegration and restarting of career, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country of the host establishment for more than 36 months in the 5 years preceding the call.
Why apply with a CIVIS member university as a host institution?
The medjouel.com team informs you that candidates will receive significant support throughout the preparation and submission of their proposal. This will include:
- individual assistance during the preparation of the proposal provided by the research unit of the university where they will be accommodated
- access to supporting documents commonly developed by the CIVIS network
- participation in online training on project writing
In addition, candidates will be able to count on a solid network of 8 universities, which brings together a community of more than 384,000 students and 30,000 academics and researchers, for the dissemination and communication activities of their projects.
In addition, the member universities of CIVIS are working concretely to strengthen their collaboration in the field of research. Researchers working at a CIVIS member university will be able to access events, training sessions, laboratories and undertake mobility in any university of the Alliance.
How to submit an expression of interest?
Researchers wishing to apply for an MSCA-IF with a CIVIS university as a host institution must complete the online application form . Applicants will be asked to
provide the following information: CV, name of potential supervisor, idea for proposal, statement of motivation.
It is possible to choose a potential supervisor from among the many researchers and professors from CIVIS universities who have expressed their interest in hosting MSCA-IF scholarship recipients (see list below) or researchers can propose a supervisor from a CIVIS university with which they are already in contact with. If the request is accepted, the supervisor will contact the researcher to start working on the MSCA-IF proposal.
Applicants selected to submit a proposal jointly with a CIVIS university supervisor will be able to participate in an online workshop and training materials on how to write a successful MSCA-IF proposal which will take place in early July. In addition, they will be assisted throughout the preparation and submission of their proposals.
The deadline for submitting expressions of interest is June 8, 2020 – 12:00 p.m. CET.
LIST OF POTENTIAL CIVIS SUPERVISORS
- Panel Chemistry (CHE)
- Economic Sciences Panel (ECO)
- Panel Information Science and Engineering (ENG)
- Environment and Geosciences Panel (ENV)
- Panel Life Science (LIF)
- Panel Mathematics (MAT)
- Panel Physics (PHY)
- Social and Human Sciences (SOC) Panel
For more information, you can contact:
- Aix Marseille University: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens: email@example.com
- University of Bucharest : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free University of Brussels: email@example.com
- Autonomous University of Madrid : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sapienza University of Rome : email@example.com
- University of Stockholm : firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Tübingen : Elisabeth.Baier@uni-tuebingen.de
- PANEL-SCIENCES-ECONOMIQUES-ECO.PDF 296 KO
- PANEL-CHEMISTRY-CHE.PDF 639 KO
- PANEL-MATHEMATIQUES-MAT.PDF 383 KO
- PANEL-LIFE-SCIENCE-LIF.PDF1 MO
- PANEL-INFORMATION-SCIENCE-AND-ENGINEERING-FRA.PDF511 KO
- PANEL-ENVIRONMENT-ENV.PDF 487 KO
- PANEL-PHYSICS-PHY.PDF395 KO
- PANEL-SOCIAL-SCIENCES-AND-HUMAN SCIENCES-SOC.PDF 823 KB