KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Syrén’s research group (www.syrenlab.com) is recruiting a postdoctoral fellow in enzymatic synthesis. The successful candidate will develop enzyme-based technologies for-to-nature new synthesis. Close collaboration with the Department of Fiber and Polymer Technology and the Science for Life Laboratory will enable the project’s interdisciplinary approach.
The research area is focused on biocatalysis and development of for-nature new reactions driven by light and incorporation of CO2, to make building blocks, monomers and materials. The use of designer hydrolytic enzymes will enable depoplymerization of synthesized materials back to monomers. The successful candidate will perform work at the interface of biotechnology, green chemistry and polymer technology, comprising:
- Evaluation of catalytic potential of biocatalysts in new reactions driven by light and CO2
- Application of tailor-made enzymes in materials chemistry applications
- Actively contribute to the research group’s activities, for example through supervision of bachelor / master students in the laboratory
Start date is open for discussion but we see that the position is filled as soon as possible. This position is a full-time position of one year with the possibility of extension.
Requirements, A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate good knowledge of formulating themselves in writing in advanced publications and be able to demonstrate good knowledge of English and oral presentation techniques. The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
1. Scientific skill with relevant doctoral degree, ie in green chemistry, synthesis, polymer chemistry and / or biocatalysis and related fields
2. Experience of suitable characterization techniques of organic molecules, polymeric materials and their building blocks, such as SEM, FTIR, GC-MS, NMR, MALDI–TOF.
3. Experience in green synthesis
In-depth knowledge of organic synthesis, analytical chemistry, characterization of materials and biocatalysis is an advantage.
Apply to this scholarship by e-mail to email@example.com .You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than 2022-08-31. Mark your application with reference number C-2022-1501.
The application must include the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter (detailing both your previous scientific work experience and your interest in this position)
- Research statement (max 2 pages)
- Contact information for three references
Please observe that you apply for a scholarship, not an employment.
About the position/positions
Period: 2 years
Number of positions: 1
scholarship: 28.000 SEK/ month
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.