International students can apply to study at HSE for free through full scholarships. This merit-based scholarship will completely waive all tuition fees for some full master’s degree programs at HSE.
Applicants must apply to the programs they wish to participate in from November 1, 2021 . The deadline for submitting all supporting documents is August 10, 2021 . Please note that applicants must upload their portfolio to the personal online account by August 10, 2021. If the application is considered pending by the application committee, the applicant will be recommended for a scholarship. The winners of various student competitions can also receive full scholarships.
Please note that the scholarship will cover only tuition fees and all other expenses (including accommodation in dormitories HSE) must be covered by the student. Information on the estimated cost of living can be found here .
medjouel.com informs you that HSE also offers a wide range of Tuition Fee Scholarships for international applicants who are not eligible for Russian Government scholarships.
FULL SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING MASTERS PROGRAMS:
- Applied Linguistics and Text Analysis (Nizhny Novgorod)
- Applied social psychology
- Business Analytics and Big Data Systems New
- Business and Politics in Modern Asia (St. Petersburg)
- Cognitive science and technology: from neurons to cognition
- Comparative Politics of Eurasia (St. Petersburg)
- Comparative social research
- Critical Media Studies
- Data science
- Economy and economic policy New
- Finance (St. Petersburg)
- Financial economics
- International Trade (Saint Petersburg)
- International Management
- Governance of science, technology and innovation
- World and regional history (Saint Petersburg)
- International trade, finance and economic integration law
- Linguistic theory and language description
- Management and analysis for companies (Saint Petersburg)
- Machine Learning Mathematics New
- Mathematics (Nizhny Novgorod)
- Political and public policy analysis
- Politics. Economy. Philosophy
- Population and development
- Learning and Assessment Science New
- Socio-economic and political development of modern Asia
- Strategic corporate finance
- System and software engineering
Scholarships for Masters Programs
|Eligible applicants||Criteria||Size of the purse|
|Based on the results of the entrance exams (portfolio competition)||Final cumulative score for the portfolio – 60 points or more||50%|
|Final cumulative score for the portfolio – between 50 and 59 points||25%|
|Graduates from the HSE preparatory year program (tuition-based)||Upon presentation of a document confirming successful completion of studies as part of a continuing education program (without unsatisfactory grades)||50%|
|Graduates of preparatory programs from other Russian educational institutions||On presentation of a document attesting to the successful completion of studies as part of a continuing education program||50%|
|Graduates of the Summer University program||Certificate of participation in the Summer University program and a transcript confirming studies at HSE (at least two courses completed without fail)||25%|
|Undergraduate program graduates / HSE specialists||HSE diploma||25%|
|For the early conclusion and payment of the contract *||Conclusion and payment of the contract within 30 days from the date of the positive decision published in the Personal Account of the Foreign Applicant, but no later than June 1, 2021||5%|
|Participation in the “Open Doors” Olympiad||First place winners in an Open Doors thematic Olympiad||70%|
|Other winners during a thematic Open Doors Olympiad||50%|
The scholarships do not apply to master’s programs that do not have budget places.
The amount of the scholarship offered to international students is fixed and granted to foreign nationals for the duration of their studies. However, every year it will be necessary to confirm it by good academic performance.
This means that a recipient must meet the following requirements:
- not be disciplined in the form of a reprimand;
- at the end of each intermediate assessment (before the retakes), he / she must not have more than two marks lower than 6 (on a 10 point rating scale);
- don’t miss any reviews without a valid reason.
Please note that a foreign national can only receive one scholarship at a time. If a foreign national is eligible for more than one scholarship from the table, he can only select one scholarship at his discretion.