Solve Prize to Solve Global Health Security and Pandemic Problems
Presentation of the challenge
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is the latest in a series of emergencies related to infectious diseases, including cholera, Ebola, SARS, Chikungunya, HIV / AIDS and influenza. While scientists and drug developers, with the support of governments and multilateral organizations, have rushed to produce, test and supply vaccines and treatments, technological innovators also have a crucial role to play, in the short term and to prevent and mitigate future illnesses. homes.
In the short term, we need improved prevention, accurate detection and rapid response solutions. MIT Solve is looking for technological innovations that can slow and follow the spread of an emerging epidemic, for example by improving personal hygiene, developing rapid diagnostics at low cost, analyzing data that inform decision-making and providing tools that support and protect health workers.
At the same time, we cannot just react to outbreaks reactively. Climate change and globalization make us increasingly vulnerable to future epidemics and pandemics, and it is essential to prepare for it. Solve is also looking for solutions focused on prevention and mitigation measures that increase access to affordable primary health care systems, improve disease surveillance systems and improve health care supply chains.
We need your help:
- If you have a solution, we want you to .
- If you can help us fund a prize for the selected solver teams, please contact Hala Hanna at email@example.com .
- You can also donate here – all funds raised will support the Challenge.
- If you can partner with us in other ways, please let us know here .
For more details on the funding of the solver, the prices and the eligibility to the partnership for the challenge of health security and pandemics, visit the Prizes tab .
- Open challenges
- Deadline for submitting a solution
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- Faculty Positions at Center for Life SciencesJanuary 18, 2021
- Research Focused Faculty Positions – Department of MedicineJanuary 18, 2021
- Résultats des recours L2January 18, 2021
- L2 : deuxième cours d’AnglaisJanuary 18, 2021
- L1 Bio-Cell : Cours RIBOSOMES & RETICULUM ENDOPLASMIQUEJanuary 17, 2021
- L1 : 3/4ème cours+correction de TDJanuary 16, 2021
- L1 : 4 eme cours de chimie 1January 15, 2021
- Post-doctoral researcher in biotechnology of filamentous fungiJanuary 12, 2021
- PhD position – Genetics of neuropathological changes in Alzheimer’s diseaseJanuary 12, 2021
- Master’s Studentship (M.Sc. in Health and Exercise Sciences)January 12, 2021