This Programme is aimed at graduates from universities or higher technical institutes in a wide range of applied sciences, computing and engineering with limited or no work experience, looking to work in a research group.
Please note that you are applying for a programme and not a specific job. In order to help us offer you an interesting work project, we recommend that you let us know how your research interests and skills relate to CERN’s diverse activities. You can include this during the online application process form or in a separate motivation letter.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State (https://home.cern/about/member-states).
- You have graduated, or are about to graduate (within six months from the date of the committee), with a university degree (BSc or MSc level) and have no more than 4 years’ relevant experience after obtaining your degree. Kindly note that experience prior to the latest obtained degree will not be taken into account for the calculation of your overall years of experience.
- Please note that CERN Staff members are not eligible to apply for a Fellowship.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- An employment contract for between 6 months (minimum) up to a maximum of 36 months.
- A stipend ranging from 5,239 to 6,506 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
This is how you can apply:
You will need the following documents (in PDF format) to complete your application:
Please note that the documents have to be named as shown in the parenthesis, or they won’t be taken into account.
- A CV. (Resume)
- Your most recent relevant qualification. (Degree)
- Three recent letters of recommendation (not older than a year at the time of the deadline for applications), giving an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements. (Ref 1, 2, 3)
- You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. Please note this must be done before the closing date.
All applications should normally reach us no later than 2 September 2019 at noon (12.00 PM CET).
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents (except recommendations letters) or edit your application further.