The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) offers talented and motivated students from Africa the unique opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree at Wageningen University and to support capacity building in Africa.
Available scholarships: 10
Application deadline for MSc programme: 1 February 2023
Start MSc programme: 1 September 2023 or February 2024
Components of the scholarship:
- Travel to and from Wageningen
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Tuition fee coverage for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Visa costs and costs for health insurance
- A budget for one seminar in Europe (travel, stay, registration fee)
- A budget for participation in the ‘Future Potential Programme’
1. You are a citizen of an African country.
2. You have applied for one the master’s programmes of Wageningen University & Research before the given deadline. Please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme?
3. You are an excellent and a proven top 5% student with a First class honours degree and a GPA of 80% or higher in a Bachelor degree.
If you do not meet all of the above requirements, you are not eligible for the Africa Scholarship Programme and you will not be invited for the selection procedure.
The selection procedure for this scholarship is based on invitation. It’s not possible to apply directly.
Important dates at a glance:
- February 1st 2023: Deadline to apply for an MSc programme
- March 20, 2023: Invitation of selected candidates to take part in the further selection process (approx. 60 candidates will be selected)
- April 3, 2023: Deadline of the assignment
- April 17, 2023: Decision about online interviews communicated (approx. 20 candidates will be interviewed)
- April 20 – April 28, 2023: Online interviews
- May 15, 2023: Results of the selection process communicated