International student week in Timi l’ Estoara (ISWinT) is one of the biggest festivals in Eastern Europe. The festival is dedicated to creating an inclusive platform for international students where they can meet, participate in workshops, exchange knowledge, ideas and share their culture. Last year, ISWinT brought together 126 students from 46 countries around the world in Timișoara, Romania.
Who can participate?
If you are a student or recent graduate *, between 18 and 30 years old, you can certainly come! Make sure you are available to come to Romania between July 20 and July 31.
* recent graduate = a participant who is a student when he or she applies to ISWinT but who has already graduated when ISWinT takes place.
What documents do you need?
- A valid identity card or passport if you do not need a visa for Romania, or
- A valid passport if you need a visa for Romania, and
- A valid student card.
What skills are required?
You should be able to communicate in English.
You will need to make a selection.
What does selection involve?
- Go to our website and press the “Register Now” button.
- Fill in the request form carefully with your personal data. The medjouel.com team informs you that the data must be 100% correct and precise. It will be used in case you need a visa and other documents during the festival, so double check it before clicking submit! You will need to submit a video of yourself in the app but don’t be scared, it will be fun!
- You will receive an email after a maximum of 3 to 4 weeks since your submission, even if you have passed this part or not, so check your email regularly!
- When you have passed this section, you will receive an email regarding your interview.
- In less than a week since your interview, you will get the final answer, whether or not you are accepted at our festival.
- After that, you will need to confirm your place at our festival. (more information on this will be provided by e-mail)
- Once the confirmation period is over, we will send you the final breakdown of the workshop.
Regarding your trip to Romania, you are responsible for making reservations and paying the related expenses. We can only shuttle from the train and bus stations or from Timișoara airport.
What is a visa?
A visa is a conditional authorization granted by a territory to a foreigner, allowing him to enter, stay or leave this territory.
Do you need a visa for Romania?
Check this page to find out: https://www.mae.ro/en/node/2040 If you need it, to get yours, apply here: https://evisa.mae.ro/?lang= en -US #
What do we provide?
During the 10 days of ISWinT, we will provide you with:
- Food and accommodation for all festival days.
- Workshops, activities and the chance to meet people from Romania and around the world.
- The opportunity to go on a two-day excursion to Romania.