Khyentse Foundation Trisong Grants aim to identify and support individuals and organizations that are working to promote mental health and well-being in the world, through projects and programs that have a foundation in Buddha’s wisdom. In difficult or turbulent times, people may not know where to look for help and Khyentse Foundation wants to find new ways for people to experience the benefits of Buddha’s teachings. Projects do not need to be outwardly Buddhist, but they should be rooted in Buddhist view and practice and share in values that alleviate suffering, encourage emotional well-being, and strengthen both physical and mental health.
We encourage applications that offer innovative, creative, and skillful solutions to sharing a Buddhist view of basic well-being. Most of our applications come from Buddhist practitioners or groups. Examples of applications that may be well-received include:
- A Buddhist center offering hospice service or training people in end-of-life care
- A project using art or performance therapy in a group setting
- Doing outreach and social work for people in need
- Using Buddhist concepts to help people struggling with addiction
- A program to visit schools and talk to young people about managing their emotions in difficult times
- Developing a Buddhist chaplaincy curriculum
- A Buddhist center hosting an informal event for the local community
- A project to offer a group meditation program in a prison setting
- Starting a Buddhist based depression and anxiety support group
- Using pastoral counselling to help others through challenges
- A program Introducing families to meditation
We are interested in learning about how your work will help others, care for those in need, and share Buddha’s wisdom and values, with new people in contemporary ways.
Applications are reviewed by a committee of mental health and resilience professionals.
KF accepts Trisong Grant applications twice a year, from March 1 to 31 and from September 1 to 30. Applications are due by midnight Eastern Time on the last day of the application period and late submissions will not be accepted.
Trisong Grant awards are generally in the $5,000 range but can be more. Award amounts will depend on the scope and needs of the project.