UES has an additional track for international students who applied for a Master’s programme offered by the Faculty of Law, Economics and Governances (LEG), the UES/ Law, Economics and Governances International Talent Scholarship (UES-LEGITS). Both EU/EEA students and non-EU/EEA students can apply to UES-LEGITS.
This scholarship offers a number of highly talented prospective students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the English taught Master’s programmes of the Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance. With this selective scholarship programme the Faculty wants to contribute and invest in talented international students who have shown the highest achievement in their career so far. This can be based on their academic quality and results from preceding education or from student’s societal engagement or career vision. The scholarship enhances a more divers and international classroom. Approximately 6 UES-LEGITSs are awarded per year.
Criteria for eligibility
If you are an eligible candidate you will be selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Your academic quality and results of the preceding education, as evidence, for example, by grades, test scores, publications, letters of recommendation;
- Your career vision, promise in the proposed field of study;
- Your societal engagement (e.g. extracurricular activities)
- The quality and relevance of your motivation letter for the Master’s programme;
- The quality of the application itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency)
In order to be awarded this scholarship you should:
- Hold a non-Dutch secondary education degree;
- Have been admitted to one of the English taught Master’s programmes of the Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance with a start date of 1 September 2023;
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means you are not eligible for this scholarship.
- For students who will have to pay the statutory tuition fee (EU/EEA students): €11.000
- For students who will have to pay the institutional tuition fee (non-EU/EEA students): tuition fee plus the required income linked to a residence permit for study as set by the Immigration and Naturalisation Service, for one year.
In a 2-years Master’s programme the scholarship can be renewed for the second year.
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply for admission to the programme and the scholarship before 31 January 2023 (23:59 CET), after which the application portal will be closed. Your application for a scholarship will only be processed if you have submitted an application for a Master’s programme first. You can start your application as of 1 November 2021.
How to apply
- Submit an application for a Master’s programme: if you do not do this first, your UES-LEGITS application will be deleted without notice;
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, you can go to external link
- Log in with your Osiris username and password;
- Click on the link ‘New application’;
- Answer the UES-LEGITS questions and upload the requested document: recommendation letter, it can be the same letter one as used in the Master’s application;
- Submit your application.
You will not be informed whether you have been awarded the scholarship prior to the scholarship deadline and not before you have been (un)conditionally admitted to the programme. We aim to communicate the results before mid-April. If you have applied for one of the selective Master’s programme of the Utrecht University School of Governance, you will receive the outcome after the selection procedure (end of May/beginning of June).
- For general information about the UES-LEGITS you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For information about the admission and application for a Master’s programme of the Faculty of Law Economics and Governance see ‘Admission and Application’ per masterprogramme.
- Applicants for the European Governance programme are only eligible for a UES-LEGITS scholarship if they apply before the start of the first year of the programme. If the scholarship is awarded, it will become effective in the second year of the programme.
- Applicants for the European Governance programme need to make an account in external link
where they can apply for the scholarship as described above. Please mind the deadline! After you have applied for the scholarship contact us per mail at email@example.com.