The Rector of Medical University of Gdańsk announces an open competition for the position of
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN THE DEPARTMENT OF PHYSIOLOGY
group of research-teaching employees
THE TASKS OF A PERSON EMPLOYED AT THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE:
- conducting and documenting research or research and development activities, including active participation in the dissemination of the results of research activities,
- undertaking activities aimed at obtaining external financing for research activities,
- conducting and documenting classes, especially of practical character (exercises, laboratories, practical classes), and participating in the supervision of doctoral students,
- significant participation in organizational work for the benefit of University and unit,
- improving teaching or professional qualifications through English language skills improvement, completing a course in the methodology of academic didactics, as well as documented participation in trainings and conferences or transnational traineeships of cumulative duration min. 2 weeks,
- engaging in significant publishing and conference activity of research, didactical and/or popularizing nature (including original articles, popular science articles, review articles, etc.)
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO:
- hold at least a doctoral degree,
- have a research and educational or professional achievements,
- conduct a significant scientific activity
- potential for independent fundraising for the implementation of research or research and development projects.
JOB ROLE REQUIREMENTS IN THE ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT:
- completion of a university degree in medicine, biology or a related field,
- possession of a doctoral degree in medicine or biology or related sciences,
- having detailed knowledge of physiology,fluency in English at the level of min. B2,
- knowledge of the Polish language to the extent that it is possible to conduct classes with students.
EXPECTED CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- documented experience or completed teaching courses,
- published dissertation results,
- a scientific acheivements documented in (at least) one full-text original publication (including one original publication as first author) in peer-reviewed academic journal with at least Q2, scientific acheivements should equal at least 6,0 points IF,
- manager or executor in at least one research or educational project, funded from external sources, obtained in competiotion procedure,
- holding an appropriate specialization in relevant area of medical science, if the hiring should be completed within area of clinical science, and relevant legislation is provided for this particular specialization,
- experience in organizational work.
- full-time fixed-term employment contract,
- working at the best medical university in Poland with the status of a research university,
- the possibility of professional development within the role,
- an attractive package of non-wage benefits.
Candidates who meet the requirements of an Act on Higher Education and Science (requirements referred to in art.113), including:
- meeting the requirements specified in the above mentioned Act and the statute of MUG,
- being not punished by any disciplinary penalty referred to in art. 276 paragraph 1 points 7 and 8 of the above mentioned Act,
- meeting the requirements referred to in art. 20 clause 1 points 1-3 of the above mentioned Act,
- stating that, in case of winning this competition, Medical University of Gdansk will be the candidates’ primary place of employment as defined by the above mentioned Act may enter the competition.
- Candidates willing to participate in the competition are asked to submit their application form (all required documents) by clicking APPLY.
- All documents must be submitted in the Polish language version.
- The deadline for applying is 25.10.2023 at 23.59 – the date and time recorded by the recruitment system is applicable.
- The result of the competition is settled based on the analysis of the documentation submitted by the candidates.
- The result of the competition will be announced at the University website https://careers.mug.edu.pl/61031.html.
- The University reserves the right to close the competition without stating any reasons.
- The final decision about employment of a candidate recommended by Competition Committee, is made by the Rector of the Medical University of Gdańsk.
- declaration of entering the competition with statements:
- the candidate’s statement about meeting the requirements of the art. 113 of the Act of Law on Higher Education and Science,
- the candidate’s statement that, in case of winning this competition, the Medical University of Gdańsk will be the candidate’s primary place of employment as defined by the Act of Law on Higher Education and Science,
- a declaration of consent to the processing of personal data contained in the presented documents for the purposes necessary for the implementation of the competition procedure,
- CV (information on the candidate’s previous work achievements),
- personal questionnaire for a candidate applying for employment,
- a university diploma stating the professional titles the candidate has earned (along with the supplement),
- (if applicable) a bibliometric analysis list with IF score,
- (if applicable) confirmation of the right to practice the profession and professional specialization documents,
- copies of former employment certificates and a confirmation of current employment,
- other documents confirming qualifications and competencies for teaching students e.g. references.
Templates of some documents that have to be completed, scanned and attached you will find HERE.
Prof. Marcin Gruchała, MD, PhD
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|