Associate Director (Assistant/Associate Professor)-IBS PhD Program
Serves as the Assistant/Associate Director-integrative Biosciences PhD Program by assisting the Director and serves as an Assistant/Associate Professor.
Essential Job Duties:
Assistant/Associate Director duties:
- Help oversee the daily operations of the IBS Office.
- Teach as part of a team, the following courses: IBSC 603/604 Biochemistry, IBSC 605/606 Molecular Biology, IBSC 611 Scientific Communication, IBSC 610 Integrative Bioscience Seminar and Orientation, IBSC 6401640B Advanced Biosciences, and/or other courses as assigned.
- Develop and maintain files and databases for tracking/reporting the status of current and former graduate students in general and those of the IBS program in particular.
- Manage the recruiting efforts for IBS and other graduate programs, by establishing and enhancing a contact list of bridging schools, collaborators, and attending conferences and meetings, ex, ABRCMS, SACNAS, and ERN.
- Convene the Student Selection Committee, Student Advisory Committees/Mentor teams (as needed), Curriculum Committee, Internal Advisory Committee and the External Advisory Committee
- Assist the Director in budget fiscal management related to the graduate school and IBS program
- Assist in the preparations for meetings including classes, seminars, mentor-mentee meetings, site visits end internal/external related meetings.
- Assist in preparing IBS documents, publications, and reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the IBS Program brochures, bulletins, recruitment flyers, webpages, and social media accounts (such as twitter, Facebook, IBS official webpage). Familiarity and Proficiency in using Adobe Photoshop, PageMaker and other desktop publishing software is a plus.
- Note; The workload associated with this job comes in ebbs and flows, with some periods being more rigorous/stressful than others (e.g. Registration, Recruiting, Monthly Payroll, and Processing). This job also requires flexibility, as student needs are sometimes spontaneous. Interested candidates for this job must be willing to communicate with the IBS Director beyond the normal working day on an as-needed» basis as required for resolving issues of the IBS Students. Candidate must have a cell phone and must be reachable after hours and on weekends and holidays
- Help create/revise curricula.
- To assist in writing, managing and renewing grants.
- Assist with advising and registering first and second year IBS students.
Serves as an Assistant/Associate Professor by performing the following duties:
- Teach courses in CAENS/CAS/CVM at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Maintain a research program sufficient to train students at the BS, MS and PhD level
- Participate in extramural funding opportunities
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students
- Assist with summer programs and other service activities
- Prepare reports on student engagement outcomes
- Serve on College-level and university-level committees and taskforce groups as appropriate
- Assist in training undergraduate, graduate students in the responsible conduct of research.
- Other duties as assigned by the respective Program director, Department head, or Dean
- PhD degree required, preferably with at least 3 years of experience working with graduate programs
- Must have credentials, per SACS guidelines, to teach graduate-level courses in biological, biochemical, and molecular biological sciences. Training in ethics, and bioethics is highly preferred
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University becoming “One Tuskegee”, the ideal candidate will possess the willingness to use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.
Skills and Attributes:
- Reliable cellular communications and must be available, as needed, outside of regular university hours, including weekends, holidays and nights.
- Reliable transportation to attend meetings, assist with recruitment, expand networks Knowledge of office management procedures and basic office skills.
- Experience with Blackboard, Canvas and other academic management programs.
- Able to conduct statistical analyses of data related to student and program success
- Experience with PC and Apple computers as well as the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Must also be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with handling budgets and budget spreadsheets. Experience with financial packages and other fiscal management tools is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be work with integrated teams
- Willingness to be courteous and professional to all faculty, visitors, and students who interact with the IBS Office.
- Must care about student success and consider excellent customer service a goal. And other duties as assigned.
Will this position required travel?:
Will this position required night, weekend, and after hour work?:
Will this positon be supported using grants or contract funding?:
Number of Vacancies:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions Summary:
Each applicant, including all current employees, must complete and submit the following documents:
- Tuskegee University employment application
- Cover Letter
- Recommendation letters
- Copies of unofficial transcripts.
- Please note that official transcripts(s) will be required upon hire
Quick Link for Internal Postings:
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|