- Employment Type: Full time, Research and Teaching or Education Focused
- Remuneration: Level B commencing from $119,440 to Level D up to $190,640 (FTE) + 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Location: Kensington NSW Australia (Hybrid Flexible working)
UNSW Law & Justice is a top-ranking faculty and a global leader in law and criminology education and research, setting the pace in Australia for 50 years.
We ranked 13th globally for Law in the 2023 QS World University Rankings and 24th in the Employer Reputation category by subject. UNSW climbed in the 2023 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, placing 20th worldwide for Law. In the most recent round of research excellence rankings, UNSW received an ERA rating of 5 for Law, the highest possible score.
We’re inspired by principles of justice and our staff are grounded in well-established legal skills. UNSW Law & Justice is committed to social justice and to making a difference in this world.
Why Your Role Matters:
We are currently seeking to fill multiple Lecturer (Level B) / Senior Lecturer (Level C) / Associate Professor (Level D) positions in the Faculty of Law & Justice. Successful candidates will join one of the Faculty’s three schools – the School of Private and Commercial Law, the School of Global and Public Law, or the School of Law, Society and Criminology – depending on their areas of research expertise.
As a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, you will contribute to the School and Faculty’s undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs. You will be expected to develop and maintain a strong individual research program in collaboration with other researchers in the School and Faculty. You will also be expected to engage in service activities of the School and Faculty and engage with the discipline and community more broadly.
We welcome applications from scholars with research and teaching expertise in the following areas. These are for Research and Teaching positions:
- equity & trusts (Levels B/C/D)
- corporate law (Levels B/C/D)
- property law and/or contract law (Levels B/C)
- administrative law (Levels B/C)
We also welcome applications for scholars with expertise in the following areas. These applications can be for a Research and Teaching position, or for an Education Focused position:
- legal ethics (Levels B/C)
- legal research and writing (Level B)
These positions report to the relevant Head of School and have no direct reports.
Positions are being offered as full-time, however there may be flexibility for the right candidate.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in Law or a related discipline. Applicants who are nearing completion of their PhDs will be considered.
- Capacity for high-quality research publications and clear research plans (except for the Education Focused positions).
- Demonstrated capacity to teach effectively at tertiary level, including an ability and interest in developing and implementing innovative teaching methods.
- For the position in administrative law, an interest in researching and teaching the Australian legal system in a changing global context, adopting a comparative and/or interdisciplinary perspective.
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills interpersonal and communication skills, and the capacity to work collaboratively and contribute to the School and Faculty level service and engagement activities.
- Evidence of the capacity to support and inspire students from diverse backgrounds and support student equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
To learn more about this position, and to view the comprehensive skills and criteria list, a copy of the Position Descriptions for the Research and Teaching roles (at Levels B, C and D) and for the Education Focused roles (at Levels B and C) can be found by clicking on the position description buttons beneath our ad on JOBS@UNSW.
Benefits and Culture:
People are at the core of everything we do. We recognise it is the contributions of our staff who make UNSW one of the best universities in Australia and the world.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible Working Options (work from home, flexible hours etc)
- Career development opportunities
- 17% Superannuation contributions and additional leave loading payments
- Additional 3 days of leave over Christmas period
- Discounts and entitlements (retail, education, fitness)
How to Apply:
Please submit a document (max 3 pages) addressing how you meet the requirements of this position, together with your CV, and complete your application online before Sunday 22 October 2023 at 11:30 pm Sydney Australia time.
Get in Touch:
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
Please apply through the application portal and not via the contact above.
UNSW is committed to evolving a culture that embraces equity and supports a diverse and inclusive community where everyone can participate fairly, in a safe and respectful environment. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|