Located at the Randwyck Campus of Maastricht University, the Department of Pharmacology and Personalised Medicine, headed by Prof Harald HHW Schmidt, offers and attractive PhD position within The Euro-Global Platform for Mechanism-based Drug Repurposing, repo4.eu, and other upcoming projects.
You will lead and contribute to different collaborative projects in an interdisciplinary team. You will provide independent scientific and technical input as well as management support. This will entail project and experiment design, monitoring of project budget and project timelines, data analysis, professional documentation and reporting. We work with standard operation procedures (SOPs), Objectives and Key Results (OKR), daily Huddle meeting of the entire group and weekly face-to-face meeting with and your supervisor(s), up to three annual appraisal and staff development meetings. You will attend relevant conference in particular those to which you actively contribute in the form of a poster or talk. You will write, edit, and handle manuscripts for open access publications and funding applications. You will supervise BA and MA students and contribute up to 10% of your time to teaching, e.g., tutoring in predesigned problem-based learning courses.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- A high degree of personal motivation and enthusiasm as evidenced by a track record in innovation and creativity, pro-activeness, and outcome orientation to achieve results at the highest possible quality level (master thesis, conference abstracts or other professional contributions)
- Highly developed management skills applied to personal time management, quality management, and project management.
- A solid set of skills and knowledge, e.g., practical and method skills in bioinformatics (R, Cytoscape), pharmacology, functional and diagnostic cell assays to a level that experiments and methods can be conducted and optimised independently, e.g. real-time RT-PCR, enzymatic assays, Western blotting, ELISA), theoretical and scientific skills (BA or MA in Bioinformatics or Pharmacology/Biomedicine/Medicine), and be auto-driven to train yourself on the job
- High social and team competence by excellent communication (huddle, journal club, project reviews) and interaction, team-orientation, and understanding the research group’s and its stakeholder views.
- Experience in diagnostics, clinical trials, network science
- Advanced knowledge in drug discovery & development
KEY RESULTS AREAS, RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 5 Publications, 2 reviews are possible, 3 original papers, of all of these 3 first author publications;
- Positive first year review;
- Submit and be accepted for defence within 4 years max;
- Contribute to all project reporting responsibilities of external funding.
What we offer
As PhD candidate at Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, you will be employed by the most international university in the Netherlands, located in the beautiful city of Maastricht. In addition, we offer you:
- Good employment conditions. The position is graded in UFO profile PhD, with corresponding salary from €2770,00 and €3539,00 gross per month (based on a full-time employment of 38 hours per week). In addition to the monthly salary, an 8.0% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus apply.
- An employment contract for a period of 12 months with a scope of 1.0 FTE. Upon a positive evaluation, an extension of 3 years will follow.
- At Maastricht University, the well-being of our employees is of utmost importance, we offer flexible working hours and the possibility to work partly from home if the nature of your position allows it. You will receive a monthly commuting and internet allowance for this. If you work full-time, you will be entitled to 29 vacation days and 4 additional public holidays per year, namely carnival Monday, carnival Tuesday, Good Friday, and Liberation Day. If you choose to accumulate compensation hours, an additional 12 days will be added. Furthermore, you can personalize your employment conditions through a collective labor agreement (CAO) choice model.
- As Maastricht University, we offer various other excellent secondary employment conditions. These include a good pension scheme with the ABP and the opportunity for UM employees to participate in company fitness and make use of the extensive sports facilities that we also offer to our students.
- Last but certainly not least, we provide the space and facilities for your personal and professional development. We facilitate this by offering a wide range of training programs and supporting various well-established initiatives such as ‘acknowledge and appreciate’.
The terms of employment at Maastricht University are largely set out in the collective labor agreement of Dutch Universities. In addition, local provisions specific to UM apply. For more information, click here.
Are you interested in this exciting position but still have questions? Feel free to contact Prof. dr. H. Schmidt via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Or are you already convinced and ready to become our new PhD candidate? Apply now, no later than 7 January 2024, for this position.
Submit the followeing documents with your application:
- a specific letter of motivation stating what you bring to the team;
- marks and list of references (no reference letters).
The vacancy is open for internal and external candidates. In case of equal qualifications, internal candidates will be prioritized.
Maastricht University is committed to promoting and nurturing a diverse and inclusive community. We believe that diversity in our staff and student population contributes to the quality of research and education at UM, and strive to enable this through inclusive policies and innovative projects led by teams of staff and students. We encourage you to apply for this position.
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Doctorat|