The Environmental Microbiology group is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral position in Computational Biology & Metagenomics. The group is led by Prof. Marie Schoelmerich and located in the Department of Environmental Systems Sciences, ETH Zürich. The Environmental Microbiology group is dedicated to illuminating the fascinating world of anaerobic microbiology from the global scale to the microscale. We focus on microorganisms that use an ancient pathway to capture and convert the greenhouse gases carbon dioxide and methane. Through a combination of metagenomics, classic microbiology, and biochemistry, we aim to decipher the influence of anaerobic microorganisms on biogeochemical cycles and seek to identify the molecular elements and mechanisms driving these processes. The long-term goal of our research is to illuminate fundamental mechanisms and principles of environmental processes and inspire sustainable technologies.
The position is a full-time position (100%) initially limited to one year, with a possibility of extension. The expected start date is autumn 2023.
We are looking for a Postdoc to spearhead metagenomics and computational biology in the Environmental Microbiology group. The candidate will:
- Identify extrachromosomal elements in metagenomic datasets an analyze them in silico
- Establish a metagenomic and computational software infrastructure
- Communicate findings at conferences and through high-quality publications
- Mentor and train graduate, master, and bachelor students
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, microbiology, or a related discipline with proven training an experience in metagenomics
- Proficient in Python and Bash
- Experience with Linux environments
- Excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Support for career goals through conference travel and workshops
- Encouraging and collaborative research environment
- Cutting-edge computational infrastructure
- Exciting working environment, cultural diversity and attractive offers and benefits
- Family-friendly employer with excellent working conditions (e.g., flexible working hours, home office)
We value diversity
Curious? So are we.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Cover letter
- CV including publication list
- Contact details of two references
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about the Environmental Microbiology Group in the Department of Environmental Systems Sciences can be found on our website.
Questions regarding the position should be directed to Prof. Marie Schoelmerich, email@example.com (no applications).
About ETH Zürich
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Postdoctoral|