Are you a forward-thinking researcher with a passion for pushing the boundaries of technological innovation in the realm of biomaterials and tissue engineering? We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Postdoctoral Researcher to lead our efforts in developing cutting-edge technological tools for microbiomaterial engineering (e.g., microparticles, microscaffolds), as part of the LINK2.0 (Limburg Invests in Its Knowledge Economy) project within MERLN Institute.
Why Join Us?
Within this position, you will:
- Lead innovative research in the development of technological tools to produce advanced microbiomaterials for musculoskeletal tissue engineering;
- Collaborate with a diverse team of experts who share your passion for cutting-edge engineering solutions and biomaterials;
- Access state-of-the-art facilities and resources for your research.
If you are a technically oriented researcher who thrives on engineering platforms and innovations, and has vast knowledge/experience on biomaterials, their processing and use in tissue engineering, and microfabrication, we encourage you to apply. Your key responsibilities within this position are:
- Technological innovation: You will lead the invention and refinement of high-throughput, precision tools for the production of designer microparticles and other forms of micro-scale biomaterials for musculoskeletal tissue regeneration. You will continuously enhance and optimize these engineering platforms.
- Automation and high-throughput platforms: In addition to developing automated and/or high-throughput tools for microbiomaterial fabrication, you will implement the integration of micro-scale biomaterials in microtissue cultures using an automated cell culture pipeline.
- Microbiomaterial fabrication and characterization: You will leverage your technical background and knowledge of biomaterials to create microbiomaterials with advanced chemical and structural properties and to thoroughly characterize the properties of the biomaterials for suitability in regenerative applications.
- Collaborative teamwork: You will collaborate seamlessly within our multidisciplinary team, contributing your technical expertise to other projects.
- Scientific communication and research impact: You will write and publish high-impact scientific papers showcasing your innovative technological solutions.
- You have a Master degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or Biomaterials/Biomechanics. Candidates from other discipline such as Biomedical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, and Chemical Engineering who have minored or have proven knowledge/experience in Mechatronics and/or Biomaterials are also welcome to apply.
- You have obtained your PhD in workflows and advanced technologies for materials processing, microtechnologies for regenerative medicine, automated and high-throughput platforms, biomaterials or a related topic.
- You have exceptional technical skills and a strong technical background particularly in design, assembly and operation of high-throughput or automated tools for materials development (for example for scaffold fabrication or particle production).
- You have experience with microfluidic systems (e.g., for particle production) and microfabrication techniques (e.g., lithography, micromolding, etc.).
- You have experience with biomaterials development. Particularly hands-on experience and deep knowledge on biomaterials for bone/musculoskeletal tissue engineering, and their physicochemical and structural properties is a plus. In addition, you master the techniques used for physicochemical and mechanical characterization of materials.
- You have experience with biofabrication of 3D tissues and with culturing human (stem) cells on biomaterials in 2D and 3D. Experience with self-assembled and self-organized systems such as spheroids and organoids is a major plus.
- You have a strong affinity towards working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- You have a strong ability to work as an independent and responsible researcher, demonstrating maturity in your approach to fulfilling your tasks.
- You have a strong track record of writing and publishing high-impact scientific papers.
What we offer
As Postdoctoral researcherat Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, you will be employed by the most international university in the Netherlands, located in the beautiful city of Maastricht. In addition, we offer you:
- Good employment conditions. The position is graded in scale 10 according to UFO profile Researcher, with corresponding salary based on experience ranging from €3226,00 and €5090,00 gross per month (based on a full-time employment of 38 hours per week). In addition to the monthly salary, an 8.0% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus apply.
- An employment contract for a period of one year with a scope of 1.0 FTE, upon a positive evaluation, and extension of another year will follow.
- At Maastricht University, the well-being of our employees is of utmost importance, we offer flexible working hours and the possibility to work partly from home if the nature of your position allows it. You will receive a monthly commuting and internet allowance for this. If you work full-time, you will be entitled to 29 vacation days and 4 additional public holidays per year, namely carnival Monday, carnival Tuesday, Good Friday, and Liberation Day. If you choose to accumulate compensation hours, an additional 12 days will be added. Furthermore, you can personalize your employment conditions through a collective labor agreement (CAO) choice model.
- As Maastricht University, we offer various other excellent secondary employment conditions. These include a good pension scheme with the ABP and the opportunity for UM employees to participate in company fitness and make use of the extensive sports facilities that we also offer to our students.
- Last but certainly not least, we provide the space and facilities for your personal and professional development. We facilitate this by offering a wide range of training programs and supporting various well-established initiatives such as ‘acknowledge and appreciate’.
The terms of employment at Maastricht University are largely set out in the collective labor agreement of Dutch Universities. In addition, local provisions specific to UM apply. For more information, click here.
For more information, you can contact the project supervisors, Dr. Niloofar Tahmasebi Birgani (email@example.com) or Prof. Roman Truckenmüller (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to welcoming a dedicated and technically proficient researcher to our team!
Or are you already convinced and ready to become our new Postdoctoral researcher? Apply now, no later than 19 november, for this position.
Within two weeks of the application deadline, the candidates shortlisted for the first interview round will be contacted. The first round of interviews will take place online. The candidates proceeding to the second interview round will be invited to attend an in-person or an online interview. The duration of the project is 2 years. The successful candidate will be initially appointed for 1 year. However, in case of excellent performance and good progress in the project, the appointment will be extended for one more year.
To apply please submit the following documents.
- Your CV
- A cover letter describing your motivations for joining our team and your expertise relevant for the project
- Copies of your Bachelor, Master and PhD diplomas and transcripts
- A summary of your PhD research (maximum 1 page)
- Names and contacts of at least two references
The vacancy is open for internal and external candidates. In case of equal qualifications, internal candidates will be prioritized.
Maastricht University is committed to promoting and nurturing a diverse and inclusive community. We believe that diversity in our staff and student population contributes to the quality of research and education at UM, and strive to enable this through inclusive policies and innovative projects led by teams of staff and students. We encourage you to apply for this position.
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Postdoctoral|