Reference no: 496917
Work type: Fixed Term – Full Time
Categories: Academic – Research Only/Fellowship
- Work at the intersection of Responsible AI, Emerging Technologies, Law and Ethics
- Assist the Institute to produce high-quality, cross-disciplinary research
- Work as part of a dedicated and experienced team within the Institute
- Fixed term (up to 5 years), Full time
- Level A – AUD$90,822 to AUD$97,412 pa (plus 17% superannuation)
You will assist with and conduct world-class interdisciplinary scientific research whilst working across one or several academic directions of the AICF. Work will be focussed in one of the following priority areas:
- Defence and cybersecurity
- Sustainable behaviours
- Smart supply chains
- Responsible AI
The role calls for analytical prowess, critical thinking, and the enthusiasm to embark on independent and collaborative research projects.
To be successful you will have:
- Doctoral qualification in law, ethics, or a related field with a focus on Responsible AI, or equivalent accreditation and standing.
- Demonstrated experience in early-career academic research and publications.
- Strong understanding of, and proven commitment to, research integrity and ethics to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and codes.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
Artificial Intelligence and Cyber Futures Institute (AICF) is a new research Institute at Charles Sturt University aiming to become a world class research centre of excellence in data science, artificial intelligence, and cyber security, to pursue the agenda of regional discovery, showing how AI developed ‘off the beaten track’ and ‘in the wild’ can better serve not only rural and regional communities, but society as a whole, creating a new comparative advantage for Australia internationally.
Our aim is to develop a centre of excellence in regional NSW. We’ll do this by:
- building trustworthy data-driven systems and embedding transparent reporting practices in all AI-related research
- promoting inclusive interoperable AI design relevant not only to cities, but also to rural areas
- maintaining ethical integrity of AI-driven designs, which should not exploit rural populations for the benefit of urban systems
- encouraging respectful co-creation between regions and cities.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. This is demonstrated through our Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice Citation and our Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional Award. Charles Sturt is also a participating member in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQA+; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Charles Sturt University offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Dr Immaculate Motsi | Senior Research Fellow | email@example.com
Closing Date: 11 pm, 8 December 2023
Advertised: 09 Nov 2023 09:00 AM – AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 08 Dec 2023 11:00 PM – AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Postdoctoral|