A unique research position to accelerate your technical and personal excellence by developing cryogenic electro-optic device technology!
What you will do
Quantum information technology promises unique possibilities for science and society (Secure communication, Resource Optimization, or Drug Design). Yet, enabling this technology is a monumental task, which requires a large variety of technological advancement to enable low-cost chip-scale quantum technologies. In this post-doctoral project, we will investigate how pushing the limits of electro-optics can help. For instance, connecting cryogenic quantum computing with quantum communication is in strong need of electro-optic devices that go beyond the state-of-the-art. Your responsibilities within our team will be associated with the Qamp ERC starting grant project. In detail this means:
- Developing a cryogenic electro-optic device technology
- Exploring advanced electro-optic materials
- Pushing the limits of nanofabrication
- Co-integration of superconductors and photonic circuits
Transition towards a leading position in academic or industry will require you to also expand your personal and professional skills. To do that you will have the following opportunities and we will guide and mentor you during this journey.
- We envision you to not just be a “project executer” but really become a mentor of a small cohort of three PhD students associated to the ERC grant.
- Actively pursue your own research to branch out and grow your own research field.
- Helping to kick-start our cryogenic electro-optic lab.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, ‘our corporate university’, we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a passion for research and have demonstrated excellence during your PhD in the field of applied physics, nanotechnology or electrical engineering.
- You have experience with integrated photonics, superconductors or quantum optics.
- You take initiatives and can work on your own, while being part of a team.
- You are creative, result-driven, and can meet deadlines with quality output.
- You can mentor junior researchers.
- You are a team player.
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Postdoctoral|