- You will initiate and perform research in the broader field of biopharmaceutics, thereby having the opportunity to rely on existing expertise in (oral) biopharmaceutics as well as on infrastructure within the Drug Delivery and Disposition research unit.
- You have particular attention to the development and exploration of emerging technologies in the biopharmaceutics field.
- You will publish your results in high impact international journals and attract competitive research funds.
- You will collaborate with other researchers involved in biopharmaceutics research.
- You will interact in the multidisciplinary research environment of the Department of Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences and the Biomedical Sciences Group.
- You will supervise (inter)national Master students and PhD researchers.
- You can identify and pursue potential valorization of your research results in collaboration with the technology transfer unit Leuven Research and Development.
- Your teaching assignment will be determined in consultation based on your specific profile and will include both lectures and other assignments (tutorials, interactive workshops, supervision internship programs, etc.), especially within the Bachelor and Master programs of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Examples include Formulation and Preparation of Drugs, Formulation and Compounding of Drugs II, Drug Compounding. Teaching duties for other degree programs of the Biomedical Sciences Group or the Science and Technology Group are also possible.
- You will contribute to the educational project of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, other faculties and the KU Leuven by supervising master theses and as a promoter of PhD students.
- You will develop your education in accordance with KU Leuven’s vision through activating and research-based education and you make use of the opportunities for educational professionalization offered by the faculties and the university.
- The teaching assignment load will gradually increase, depending on your qualifications. In your further academic career, due attention will be given to maintain an optimal equilibrium between research and teaching.
You will take responsibility in management tasks of the Department of Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences and the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and in scientific and/or social communities. The very high density of pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies in Flanders provides unique opportunities for indus… For more information see https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/60262463
- Research Field
- Pharmacological sciences
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
We are offering a full-time (100%) employment in an intellectually challenging environment. KU Leuven is a research-intensive, internationally oriented university that carries out both fundamental and applied scientific research. It is highly inter- and multidisciplinarily focused and strives for international excellence. In this regard, it actively works together with research partners in Belgium and abroad. It provides its students with an academic education that is based on high-quality scientific research.
You will work in Leuven, a historic, dynamic and lively city located in the heart of Belgium, within 20 minutes from Brussels, the capital of the European Union, and less than two hours from Paris, London and Amsterdam.
Depending on your record and qualifications, you will be appointed to or tenured in one of the grades of the senior academic staff: assistant professor, associate professor, professor or full professor. In principle, junior researchers are appointed as assistant professor on the tenure track for a period of 5 years; after this period and a positive evaluation, they are permanently appointed (or tenured) as an associate professor.
KU Leuven is well set to welcome foreign professors and their family and provides practical support with regard to immigration & administration, housing, childcare, learning Dutch, partner career coaching, … To facilitate scientific onboarding and accelerate research in the first phase a starting grant of 110.000 euro is offered to new professors without substantial other funding, appointed for at least 50%.
KU Leuven places great importance on research integrity and ethical conduct and will therefore ask you to sign an integrity statement upon appointment.
- You have a PhD in either Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, (Bio)chemistry, Biology, (Bio)science engineering, or equivalent.
- You combine an in-depth pharmaceutical expertise with a technical expertise in the field of biopharmaceutics. Experience in the field of oral biopharmaceutics is a plus.
- Upon appointment, you have at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience, and expertise with biopharmaceutics programs in an academic and/or industry context.
- You have a strong research record and excellent teaching and training skills, allowing you to contribute to the research output of the laboratory and the department and to the quality of the educational program.
- The high quality of your research should be evidenced by high-impact first and/or last author publications in international peer-reviewed journals and by successful grant applications. International research experience is required.
- You have good organizational skills and you have a team-player attitude. You have leadership capacity within the university context.
- Proficiency in English is required.
The official language used at KU Leuven is Dutch. If you do not speak Dutch (or do not speak it well) at the start of employment, KU Leuven will provide language training to enable you to take part in meetings.Before teaching courses in Dutch or English, you will be given the opportunity to learn Dutch, respectively English, to the required standard.
You are being encouraged to get in contact with the chair of the search committee Prof. dr. Deirdre Cabooter, tel.: +32 16 32 34 42, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or with the chair of the department Prof. dr. Pieter Annaert, tel.: +32 16 33 03 03, mail: email@example.com. For problems with online applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this job no later than 04/01/2024 via the online application tool
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|