Berlin International is a University of Applied Sciences with a distinct international focus. All study programs are taught in English. The Faculty of Business Administration at Berlin International University of Applied Sciences has created one professorial opening for the Fall of 2024/2025, i.e. as of October of 2024.
The Faculty of Business Administration offers bachelor’s degree programs both in Business Administration and Data Science and Business, as well as a “Master of Business Administration.” To support our continuous growth, we are looking for a new professor with an international background as well as substantial professional and academic experience, specifically at the crossroads of Data Science and Finance.
The future professor is expected to teach topics in the broad area of Data Science (e.g. foundations of statistics, inferential statistics, machine learning, NLP, etc.) and apply this knowledge to the area of finance (e.g. financial markets, financial instruments, corporate finance, valuation, etc).
The position includes teaching in the bachelor’s degree programs as well as in master’s degree programs, as well as contributing to the development of the faculty’s programs. Professors are also expected and supported to conduct (applied) research projects in order to integrate them into their teaching activities.
Apart from doing research and teaching, we expect the successful candidate to contribute to the development of the faculty’s degree programs and the Faculty of Business Administration in general, as well as to carry out administrative duties at the university. The job responsibilities further involve the active extension of networks for future co-operations.
Minimum job requirements:
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements for professorships at Universities of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschulen) in accordance with the Berlin Higher Education Act, §100.
- A PhD in finance, data science, business administration, economics, social sciences or other related areas. The degree transcript needs to be attached to the application.
- Recent high quality research output
- At least 5 years of practical experience out of which a minimum of 3 years must have been outside the university context.
- Teaching experience.
- Very good English language skills (teaching language).
- Intercultural awareness and competence preferably from earning university degrees abroad or international work experience.
- A strong interest in contributing to the continuous growth of Berlin International University of Applied Sciences.
Additional preferred skills (or the willingness to acquire them)
- Additional language skills, ideally and especially in German.
- Experience in international projects
- Expertise in handling software packages for teaching and research purposes.
Who we are and what we offer:
- Berlin International is a young, growing university of applied sciences immersed in the creative and international spirit of the city of Berlin. We are a small institution with an enthusiastic team, and proud to host more than 95 different nationalities among our students and staff.
- Our campus is located in central Berlin, close to the Technical University Berlin, the University of the Arts (UdK) and to the large Tiergarten park.
- Berlin International’s Research Institute offers financial support for research projects.
- Berlin International is committed to diversity and equal opportunity.
Please hand in your application as one PDF document that contains a cover letter demonstrating research and teaching interests, a CV with attachments (including attested certificates of education) listing relevant practical experiences, research (including a list of publications, lectures, awards, and professional memberships), and a list with teaching experiences. Any additional documents relevant for the position are welcome.
The post is to be filled by October 1st, 2024. This is a part time position that can be extended to a 100% position. Residence in Berlin is expected. Please send your complete online application (one PDF file) including all relevant documents by March 1st, 2024; 23:59, to the following email address: email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Erick Behar-Villegas, Dean
Faculty of Business Administration
Berlin International University of Applied Sciences
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|