ACF recruits 01 Consultant
1. Project Background
- Rationale for the Project
Action Against Hunger being the leading organization in a consortium which comprises CARE international, Search for common ground and group URD is implementing resilience project aimed at improving economic and social inclusion and recovery in the lake chad region across Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. Part of the RESILAC project’s intervention plan includes intensified and diversified Agro-sylvo-pastoral production adapted to climate change in the lake Chad shore of Kukawa, Monguno and Jere LGAs of Borno state.
Action Against Hunger being the leading organization for the consortium is implementing a multi-dimensional intervention which includes youth empowerment and employment as a key component in each of the four countries. In the inception phase (ending in November 2019), the project will carry out VSLA formation and training in each of the three target LGA’s (Jere, Monguno and Kukawa).
- Geographical scope covered by the analysis
The project will carry out VSLA formation and training in each of the three target LGA’s (Jere, Monguno and Kukawa).
2. Purpose and objectives of the study
- Purpose for the study
The support offered by Action against Hunger is aimed at involving the local youths in vocational skills training programs to enhance their skills, competencies and their employability within the local economy. To this purpose, our beneficiaries have selected poultry and fish farming as trades they wish to learn.
- Objectives of the training
- Encourage the economic recovery in targeted areas and resilience of the most exposed local residents, especially the youth and women, through access to employment and agriculture, forestry and livestock industries, intensified and adapted to climate change.
The trainings will be mainly on Poultry and fisheries which will which will encourage the economic recovery of the beneficiaries in targeted area through access to employment.
- Selecting qualified and capable trainers, based on the technical specifications and language requirements.
- Providing the agreed services at no extra cost for the project beneficiaries.
- Will organize matriculation and graduation ceremonies for the trainees
- Using training curricula which have been reviewed and validated AAH.
- Will provide training modules
- Providing a suitable venue for training programs.
- Providing qualified staff to conduct regular technical supervision visits in order to assess impact of training at every training session.
- Organize field visits and excursions for the trainees
- Facilitate the process of certification of the trained youths.
- Providing a comprehensive report covering the trainings delivered to project beneficiaries. The frequencies of reporting will be mutually agreed.
3. Profile of the consultant/consulting firm
The Training will be carried out by a national consultant with the following profile:
- The consultant must have a facility that will accommodate 105 beneficiaries
- Knowledge of training Poultry and Fisheries
- Must have qualified staff
- Must have a proof that his staffs will conduct regular technical supervision visits in order to assess impact of training at every training session
- Good communications skills and experience of workshop facilitation;
- Ability to write clear and useful reports (may be required to produce examples of previous work);
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Ability to manage the available time and resources and to work to tight deadlines;
- Familiarity with the context of the humanitarian situation in Northeast Nigeria will be an added advantage.
4. Application procedure
All interested consultants should send expression of interest electronically before 26 August 2019 12 noon Nigerian Time to: [email protected] in order to receive the full ToR. Proposal without request of the full ToR will not accepted.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi