Consider making the switch to the University of Freiburg: It is one of the most renowned and strongest research universities in Germany, with a history spanning more than 500 years. You’ll engage in top-notch research and teaching with a unique spectrum of disciplines, perspectives, and people – right in the heart of one of Germany’s most beautiful cities.
The University of Freiburg’s human resources policy is oriented toward the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. The university is committed to the goal of creating a family-friendly university.
The University of Freiburg invites applications for the
Junior professorship for Liquid Biopsy: novel methods for sample preparation
at the Faculty of Engineering in the Department of Microsystems Engineering to be filled by as soon as possible.
This is a grade W1-professorship to which performance payments can be offered. The professorship is suitable for highly qualified early career researchers at an early stage in their careers. Conditions governing the appointment in accordance with section 51 (2) LHG Baden-Württemberg apply.
The aim of the professorship is to research new methods for the robust, reproducible automated and standardizable preparation of biomarkers from body fluids (liquid biopsy). The main focus is the ability to
- automate and standardize the extraction and purification of extracellular vesicles for low-throughput point of care and medium-throughput laboratory use, and to integrate quality controls; and
- explore methods for highly integrated and automated preparation of different analyte classes (tumor cells, cell-free DNA, extracellular vesicles, proteins) from one sample, as well as the integration of quality controls.
The professorship will represent the field of liquid biopsy especially with regard to new methods of sample preparation in research and teaching, strengthen the “Collaborative Research Institute Intelligent Oncology (CRIION)” and form an important bridge between the research areas of laboratory automation, medicine and informatics. Collaboration with other research groups at the Department of Microsystems Engineering as well as the Department of Computer Science at the Faculty of Engineering and with the oncology departments of the Medical Center – University of Freiburg, with the Comprehensive Cancer Center Freiburg and the projects of the Collaborative Research Institute Intelligent Oncology as well as non-university research institutions (e.g. Hahn-Schickard) is desired and the transfer of research in the field of liquid biopsy into clinical practice is to be promoted.
Prerequisites for the employment are a university degree, an outstanding dissertation and an excellent publication record. The position is fixed term of four years. After a successful interim evaluation, it will be extended by two years.
We are particularly pleased to receive applications from women for the position advertised here.
The following application documents are to be submitted:
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates of degrees and academic qualifications
- Complete list of papers and invited lectures, specifying the 5 most important publications; an existing Google Scholar Profile should be free from errors
- Short research profile and short research statement about the planned scientific work
- Record of classes taught and teaching experience
- Record of projects acquired; the funding amount attributed to the own group/own person should be clearly indicated
Please send your application including supporting documents mentioned above and the application form (https://intranet.uni-freiburg.de/public/downloads/saz/bewerbungsbogen-professoren-en.pdf)) by December 17, 2023 at the latest.
Please send your application in written or electronic form (via e-mail in a single PDF-file) to the following address: Dean, Faculty of Engineering, University of Freiburg, Georges-Koehler-Allee 101, 79110 Freiburg, Germany, e-mail: email@example.com. You will receive an electronic acknowledgement of receipt within one week.
Further information on the appointment procedure can be found in the Procedure Governing Appointments to Professorships at the University of Freiburg, available under https://intranet.uni-freiburg.de/public/downloads/saz/berufungsleitfaden-en.pdf.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi
|Catégorie emploi||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|