The School of Kinesiology and Health Science in the Faculty of Health at York University invites highly qualified applicants for an Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream position in Athletic Therapy, with on-field expertise. This is a teaching-centred, tenure-track appointment to commence July 1, 2024.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses and to provide creative educational leadership in enhancing teaching and learning through curricular and pedagogical innovation in the classroom and at the program level. As well, curricular and pedagogical innovations in the classroom and applied settings must reflect relevant evidence informed practices across the entire spectrum of the Athletic Therapy profession.
Degree: Candidates must hold a PhD or PhD completed by appointment date of July 1, 2024 in Kinesiology or a related field.
- A record or evident promise of excellence in teaching and dedication to students (e.g., teaching accomplishments, pedagogical innovations, student and/or peer evaluations) in on-field emergency care skills, assessment, and management of sideline injuries, and prophylactic and rehabilitative (taping and bracing) skills).
- Strong commitment to pedagogy and student success, the capacity to bring a theoretical and practical orientation to athletic therapy teaching, learning and program design, and evidence of good judgment and a reflective approach to innovation in teaching. Experience with curriculum development and universal design approaches to teaching and assessment is preferred.
- Suitability for prompt appointment to the Faculty of Graduate Studies, given that the position may involve graduate teaching and supervision.
Additional: Certified Athletic Therapist (CAT(C)) with the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association (CATA).
- Certified Athletic Therapist (CAT(C)) with the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association (CATA)
- Current certification as a First Responder with the Canadian Red Cross (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated record of experience in on-field emergency care skills, assessment, and management of sideline injuries, and prophylactic and rehabilitative (taping and bracing) skills as a Certified Athletic Therapist is required.
- A record or evident promise of making valuable contributions through administrative and committee service.
- Experience working as the lead or assistant athletic therapist with sports teams at the amateur and/or professional level is considered an asset.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- All York University positions are subject to budgetary approval.
- York University is an Affirmative Action (AA) employer and strongly values diversity, including gender and sexual diversity, within its community. The AA Program, which applies to women, members of racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and those who self-identify as 2SLGBTQ+, can be found here or by contacting Christal Chapman, EDI Program Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org; 416-736-5713).
- York welcomes and employs scholars from all over the world. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and Indigenous peoples of Canada will be given priority.
- York University has a policy on Accommodation in Employment for Persons with Disabilities and is committed to working towards a barrier-free workplace and to expanding the accessibility of the workplace to persons with disabilities. Candidates who require accommodation during the selection process are invited to contact Dr. Angelo Belcastro, Chair, School of Kinesiology and Health Science at email@example.com.
- Due date for completed applications: November 13, 2023
- Required components: 1) current CV; 2) cover letter; 3) teaching dossier with evidence of excellence and innovation in teaching (e.g., sample course outlines, teaching evaluations, conference papers and publications relating to pedagogy; 4) contact information for three professional references.
- Provide required information regarding your Canadian work status and optional self-identification for Affirmative Action purposes as part of the online application.
- Direct questions about the position to Dr. Angelo Belcastro, Chair, School of Kinesiology and Health Science at firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about the School of Kinesiology and Health Science can be obtained at kinesiology.yorku.ca and www.yorku.ca/kahs.
Submit materials: at HH_AthTher
Learn More About York:
- York University generates and shares knowledge through our research, teaching and engagement with communities around the world. The 2023-2028 Strategic Research Plan showcases the depth, breadth and ambition of research at York.
- York’s commitments to social justice are laid out in our Decolonizing, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, the Framework & Action Plan on Black Inclusion and the Indigenous Framework for York University.
- Follow the activities and accomplishments of York’s faculty, students and staff on YFile.
York University acknowledges its presence on the traditional territory of many Indigenous Nations. The area known as Tkaronto has been care taken by the Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, and the Huron-Wendat. It is now home to many First Nation, Inuit and Métis communities. We acknowledge the current treaty holders, the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation. This territory is subject of the Dish with One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant, an agreement to peaceably share and care for the Great Lakes region.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi
|Catégorie emploi||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|