CIC energiGUNE is seeking a person interested in pursuing a PhD in sodium-ion cathode material and electrode fabrication, with a focus on developing the scalable synthesis of materials to be optimised chemically, morphologically, and electrochemically for processability and performance.
The research activity will involve determining optimal synthesis parameters and their interactions, as well as their effect on the structural, physico-chemical, and electrochemical nature of the produced materials. The candidate will develop routes to control the purity, structure, and microstructure, as well as later investigating additional approaches and treatments to improve parent material performance yet further. In addition, cell integration into proof-of-concept cells will be carried out in order to perform electrochemical and chemical characterization before, during, and after cycling to investigate the key factors affecting performance.
- Performing high-quality research within the scope of the project.
- Preparation of reports and papers for submission to peer reviewed journals.
- Presenting results at international conferences.
- Providing guidance to students when required.
Area: Electrochemical energy storage (EES)
DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
- WHO ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/who-are-we
- WHERE ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/welcome
- OUR FACILITIES: https://cicenergigune.com/en/platforms-facilities
- EES RESEARCH GROUPS: https://cicenergigune.com/en/electrochemical-storage-research
For more details on CIC energiGUNE’s research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com
- Research Field
- Chemistry » Other
- Education Level
- Master Degree or equivalent
- MSc in Physical, Chemical, or Materials science.
- A good level of spoken and written English.
- A team player who can collaborate with other researchers and groups.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and autonomy.
- 3 years predoctoral contract and professional development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours and with on-site work model with the option to eventually telework.
- Full access to cutting-edge laboratory facilities and characterization platforms.
- The incorporation to a top research center in Europe that makes high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy and sustainability fields.
- Professional and personal development: opportunity to attend seminars, international conferences, trainings, etc.
- Integrated, enthusiastic, international and multidisciplinary environment.
- A welcome program that offers help with finding accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, assistance with the administrative procedures, help with schools for children…).
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us
All applicants are invited to submit their application a detailed curriculum vitae at this website:
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and the diversity of its workforce.
- Website for additional job details
Caractéristiques de l'emploi