Contribute to cutting-edge research in the field of materials science by developing innovative machine learning-driven models for the analysis and prediction of complex metallic microstructures. This role presents a unique opportunity to address critical questions related to the structure-property relationships of metals, unlocking new possibilities for engineering and design in various industries.
By developing advanced data-driven models and analytical tools, we aim to enhance our understanding of how thermomechanical processing parameters influence the microstructural features and in turn, the mechanical properties of metallic materials. Through this, we hope to accelerate the development of next-generation materials with improved performance, impacting a wide range of applications.
Why join us?
- Lead a pioneering project at the forefront of machine learning and materials science.
- Work with international collaborators from diverse disciplines.
- Access state-of-the-art resources and computational facilities.
- Supervise PhD and MSc researchers.
- Receive mentorship and support in developing your academic career.
This will be a 3-year Postdoc position embedded in the research group of Dr. Sid Kumar (https://www.mech-mat.com/).
Why join us?
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g., materials science, mechanical engineering, applied mechanics).
- Experienced in machine learning for scientific applications.
- Strong programming skills (Python, PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.).
- A passion for cutting-edge research and the drive to solve complex problems.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, discounts on health insurance, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants, TU Delft has the Coming to Delft Service. This service provides information for new international employees to help you prepare the relocation and to settle in the Netherlands. The Coming to Delft Service offers a Dual Career Programme for partners and they organise events to expand your (social) network.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply before 7 January 2024 via the application button and please enclose:
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV) including the current status of your PhD and a list of publications and projects
- Self-selected best scientific paper (journal or conference) relevant to this position
- List of 2-3 references
- A cover letter with your motivation for joining this position
- We encourage applicants to apply right away and do not wait until the deadline.
- A pre-employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
- Please do not contact us for unsolicited services.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Dr. Sid Kumar (Sid.Kumar@tudelft.nl)
Caractéristiques de l'emploi