École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS)
L’École de technologie supérieur (ÉTS) is a rapidly evolving university in engineering and technology located in downtown Montreal. ÉTS offers undergraduate and graduate programs focused on applied engineering as well as state-of-the-art research infrastructure. ÉTS is also home to the Centech, a business incubator, offering support services for researchers wishing to commercialize their research.
By joining l’ÉTS, you will be joining a team of highly active professors and researchers in the school’s various research chairs, labs, institutes and groups. Your work will make a tangible contribution to scientific progress and the development of Quebec’s productivity and competitiveness, as well as the training of a highly qualified workforce.
Depending on your expertise and research interest, you could join the new AdapT institute on resilient and circular infrastructure. The mission of this institute is to develop and implement innovative technological solutions and innovating practices for the design, the construction and the operation of infrastructure adapted to climate change.
Our construction engineering departement
The construction engineering department offers multiple undergraduate and graduate study programs. In addition to the undergraduate programs in construction management and engineering, programs in environment, urban engineering, construction project management, infrastructure and many more are offered to graduate students. Those programs are coordinated by professors of diverse and complementary expertise allowing the development of multidisciplinary approaches.
REGARDING THE POSITION
The Department is seeking a professor with basic engineering training related to the fields listed below. The candidate must possess general knowledge in the domain of civil engineering or construction engineering.
Applications related to the following fields are being sought:
- Minimum of three years of experience in:
- Road construction; urban planning; road safety; traffic engineering; road signalization; road layout; active transportation; transportation of goods
- Five years of relevant professional experience in the sector of construction in Canada or a similar international experience,
- A specialty in at least one of the following construction-related fields:
- Construction and productivity methods; construction project performance and control; building projects advanced planning technics; infrastructure projects advanced planning technics; quality control and management in construction; risk analysis in construction project management.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A start-up and an equipment fund to support your scientific career
- Financial support modality for research and teaching (supervision of student’s recognition, teaching credits, correction help, etc.)
- A personalized onboarding process
- A structure to promote your research as well as networking activity to make yourself know and help you recruit students.
- A work environment favourable to your career development, both for research and teaching.
- A mentor program for all the faculty members offered at your arrival and throughout your career.
- Support for the immigration process and a relocation program for your family
- A full-course program to learn French.
This is a tenure-track position. The process and benefits will be determined in accordance with the applicable collective agreement convention collective de l’Association des professeurs de l’ÉTS (APÉTS).
As part of the research team, the candidates sought will :
- Teach courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in fields related to building mechanics
- Mentor graduate students;
- Carry out funded, potentially interdisciplinary research projects with local, national and international partners;
- Develop a research program;
- Publish scientific articles;
- Complete grant applications, particularly those directed at NSERC and FQRNT.
- Hold a Doctorate (PhD) in Engineering (software, computer science, electrical or equivalent);
- Be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) or be eligible to join the OIQ and undertake the necessary steps to become a member before submitting an application for full professorship;
- Have experience in conducting research in collaboration with industry or solid experience in industrial R&D;
- Demonstrate excellent skills related to training highly-qualified personnel through research projects and teaching;
- Be proficient in French (oral and written), in compliance with the ÉTS Language Policy (in French), or demonstrate a willingness to learn French and enter into a francization process with the support of ÉTS.
Depending on the candidate’s availability
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
All applications will be processed in strict confidentiality.
ÉTS will take into account any leaves that may result in career interruptions or delays. Therefore, we encourage you to mention any such leave that may have affected your professional path. We will take this information into consideration when evaluating your application.
In case of a disability, we may offer accommodation measures during the hiring process.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application before 5:00 p.m. (EST) on January 15, 2024.
Each application must include the information indicated below in a single PDF document, in the following order:
- An automated (dynamic) Table of Contents;
- A cover letter;
- Your curriculum vitae;
- A statement of your teaching objectives;
- Your research plan, including an indication of how your work complements the areas of research targeted by a department or research group at ÉTS;
- A sample of your research achievements (e.g.: recent scientific articles).
If you require more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You must submit a complete application for it to be considered. Only those candidates who are retained for an interview will be contacted.
This is a tenure-track position. The process and benefits will be determined in accordance with the applicable collective agreement convention collective de l’Association des professeurs de l’ÉTS (APÉTS) .
In compliance with the immigration requirements in effect in Canada, ÉTS invites all qualified individuals to apply. However, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. When submitting an application, it is important to indicate whether you are able to work in Canada so that the applicable immigration procedures can be planned accordingly.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi
|Catégorie emploi||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|