Yale University invites applications for a two-year postdoctoral fellowship in the Humanities, to begin in July 2018. The Fellow will be affiliated with the interdisciplinary Program in the Humanities, a hub of new initiatives in undergraduate education. The Fellow will teach one course each semester in the Directed Studies program, an integrated set of courses in western literature, philosophy, and historical & political thought. Instructors teaching in the program take turns giving the weekly lecture to the entire program, and meet with their own smaller group of eighteen students twice each week in a seminar setting.
In addition to the two courses in Directed Studies, the Fellow will teach one additional course in the Humanities Program, on a topic chosen in consultation with the Director of Undergraduate Studies and Chair. The Fellow will devote the rest of his or her time to individual research and will have opportunities to present work-in-progress to faculty in the Humanities Program. The salary is $50,000 plus benefits (including health coverage) and a research/travel allowance of $2000.
Applicants must have received the Ph.D or equivalent degree in a humanistic field of inquiry after September 2015 and before July 2018. Priority will be given to applications from individuals who have not held other postdoctoral fellowships.
Applicants must be qualified to teach in one of the three tracks: Literature, Philosophy, or Historical and Political Thought. Please consult the Directed Studies website for the syllabus and other information, at www.yale.edu/directedstudies.
- Cover Letter indicating reason for interest in this appointment
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of research interests in 2-4 pages, outlining the writing project to be undertaken during the term of the fellowship
- Dissertation summary in 1-2 pages
- Statement of teaching interests and philosophy, along with syllabi of courses taught
- Three letters of recommendation
- One copy of an official transcript for all graduate studies
All applications must be submitted via Interfolio : https://apply.interfolio.com/48692
Ce site utilise Akismet pour réduire les indésirables. En savoir plus sur comment les données de vos commentaires sont utilisées.
- M1 Microbiologie : Cours et TP Techniques de conservation des alimentsmarzo 30, 2020
- Éducation – Poste menant à la permanence – Éducation autochtonemarzo 30, 2020
- La Faculté d’éducation de l’Université d’Ottawa sollicite des candidatures pour pourvoir deux postes menant à la permanencemarzo 30, 2020
- Professeur adjoint/professeure adjointe ou professeur agrégé/professeure agrégéemarzo 30, 2020