Assistant Professor – Psychology Department 24-09
Tenure-Track Position Announcement
Faculty Hire Number: #24-09
Rank: Assistant or Associate Professor
Effective Date of Appointment: August 2024 (Subject to Budgetary Approval)
Salary Scale: $73,000 to $80,000 (Dependent upon qualifications)
CSUN’s Commitment to You:
CSUN is committed to achieving excellence through teaching, scholarship, learning and inclusion. Our values include a respect for all people, building partnerships with the community and the encouragement of innovation, experimentation, and creativity. CSUN strives to cultivate a community in which a diverse population can learn and work in an atmosphere of civility and respect. CSUN is especially interested in candidates who make contributions to equity and inclusion in the pursuit of excellence for all members of the university community.
As a Hispanic-serving Institution (HSI), inclusiveness and diversity are integral to CSUN’s commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and engagement. As of Fall 2022, CSUN enrolls ~38,000 students, where 57.3% are Latinx, 19.8% are White, 9.2% are Asian-American, 4.9% are Black/African American, 0.1% are Native American, and 0.2% are Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander.
For more information about the University, visit: http://www.csun.edu
About the College:
For more information about the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, see: https://www.csun.edu/social-behavioral-sciences
About the Department:
For more information about the Department of Psychology, see: https://www.csun.edu/social-behavioral-sciences/psychology
The Department of Psychology at California State University, Northridge (CSUN) is seeking a tenure-track faculty member in the area of Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, or a closely related field, at the preferred rank of Assistant Professor. We are particularly interested in recruiting faculty who focus on diversity science, health disparities, and/or cultural factors that impact mental health and treatment with traditionally under-represented communities.
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in our Clinical Psychology MA program, be involved with mentoring students, and have research interests in cultural approaches to clinical psychology, counseling psychology, and/or mental health.
We seek candidates who understand the disparities and barriers faced by minoritized communities in areas related to mental health. Applicants are expected to understand and serve the needs of a diverse student body. Applicants must clearly articulate their contributions to equity, diversity, and justice with respect to teaching, mentoring, research, clinical approaches, life experiences, and/or service toward building an equitable, inclusive, and diverse scholarly environment.
In addition to teaching, the position requires weekly office hours, attending faculty meetings, participation in assessment of student learning, and service to the department, college, and university. The successful candidate will be held to the standards and requirements of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences and the Department of Psychology for recommending tenure and promotion. Given CSUN’s commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and engagement in a diverse environment, the successful candidate will help the Department achieve equitable academic outcomes for all students through teaching, scholarship, student mentorship, and service.
- PhD from an accredited institution in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, or a closely-related area. Degree must be awarded by date of appointment.
- Evidence of, or clear potential for, excellence in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in our curriculum, including courses in our Clinical Psychology MA program.
- Evidence of, or clear potential for, working with the pedagogical needs of a diverse student population, which includes commitment to teaching and enhancing the learning environment of students from diverse and marginalized backgrounds.
- Commitment to and clear potential for inclusively mentoring diverse and underrepresented undergraduate and graduate students, including students in our Clinical Psychology MA program.
- Research specialization within clinical / counseling psychology or closely-related area focusing on mental health / psychological processes from a cultural perspective and/or examining the psychology of traditionally marginalized communities.
- Graduated from an APA-accredited PhD program or international equivalent, completed an APA-accredited internship or international equivalent, and are license eligible.
- Experience creating a student-centered and active learning environment.
- Experience using culturally responsive pedagogy that leads to equitable outcomes for all students
- Experience adopting inclusive approaches to mentoring.
- Evidence of effective engagement OR potential to engage with a diverse student body.
- Research/Lab experience that includes working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with, or clear potential for, supervising students in practicum/clinic settings.
- Experience in or commitment to participating in professional development opportunities and/or service activities that build effectiveness in advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and intercultural communication.
- A record of research contributions within the candidate’s specialty area.
- A clear potential research program that is designed to be accomplished as a faculty member at CSUN.
Screening of applications will begin October 2, 2023. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the screening deadline; however, the position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply:
Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN online application. To apply and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers.
Applicants must submit the following to the website in the section above:
- Letter of application or cover letter briefly summarizing your qualifications and interest
- Current curriculum vitae
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, including a teaching statement containing a description of your mentoring and/or supervision style
- Research statement describing your program of research and potential future directions at CSUN, along with samples of scholarship
- Statement on diversity, equity, and inclusivity (DEI) which includes candidate’s experiences related to and/or philosophy of addressing DEI and anti-racism in an academic setting
- Name and contact information for three professional references
In later stages of the search process, applicants may be requested to provide additional materials.
At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to work in the United States.
|تصنيف الوظيفة||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|