The application-oriented research activities in the Department of Plasma Diagnostics are centered on the development and application of advanced laser-based diagnostics for the characterisation of plasma-chemical processes and plasma-surface interactions. For open scientific questions in the field of EUV lithography, we are looking for the following expert to join us in an ongoing collaboration at the earliest possible date – ideally from beginning of November:
POST DOC (F/M/D)
FOR LASER-BASED PLASMA DIAGNOSTICS
* Fixed term contract initially for 15 months (extension for 3 more years possible)
* Full-time appointment (40 hours/week)
* Target salary according to TV-L in wage group E 13 (Gross salary range depending on professional experience, see Renumeration table 2023)
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- to operate and maintain a two-photon absorption laser-induced fluorescence experiment (TALIF)
- to quantify densities of atomic hydrogen in a hydrogen-containing plasma for the analysis of their loss rates on selected surfaces
- to apply laser-based spectroscopic methods such as cavity ring-down spectroscopy to extend the analysis for molecular radicals in hydrogen-containing plasmas with impurities
- to carry out detailed studies to elucidate relevant plasma-chemical processes and to identify key species in the plasma
Futhermore, you will:
- Work together with scientists from the institute and the project team of the client
- Communicate regularly project results to the project team at weakly meetings
- Experimental physicist or chemist or equivalent degree with a completed PhD degree
- Very good knowledge in the field of laser spectroscopy for the sensitive detection of atoms and molecules in the gas phase
- Experience with diagnostics based on cavity enhanced spectroscopy
- Experience in the field of plasma spectroscopy desirable
- Confident use of tools such as Python, Matlab and Origin
- Highly motivated and with the drive to advance scientific research in the field of plasma diagnostics and plasma chemistry
- High degree of commitment, incentive, self-reliant working, ability to handle stress, team spirit, flexibility, reliability and problem-solving competence
- Confident manner and communicative personality
- Good English skills (spoken and written)
- Experience in writing scientific reports and publications
OUR OFFER FOR YOU:
- Compensation according to collective salary agreement of Länder (TV-L) including employer contributions to medical and dental insurance, maternity leave and retirement benefits
- Creative environment with technical facilities at the highest level
- Experienced and professional support
- Extensive qualification measures for your personal development
- Networking opportunities at national and international conferences and in cooperation with national and international industry partners
- Possibility to look outside the box, e.g., involvement in other application-oriented projects
- Internal institutional laboratory tours (“What do the colleagues do?”)
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home-office days
- In-house German course free of charge
- A working environment certified as family-friendly
- 30 vacation days per year (plus: December 24 and 31)
- Staff kitchen
Our institute ranks among the largest and most modern institutions in the field of low-temperature plasmas worldwide. In an international working environment, we conduct socially relevant research within our core areas Materials & Energy, Environment & Bioeconomy and Hygiene & Health. Currently the INP employs about 200 scientists and staff at three locations (Greifswald, Rostock and Karlsburg).
For further information, please visit our website at www.leibniz-inp.de.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with the common documents (cover letter, CV, copies of academic degrees and letters of reference) giving the keyword „0531 Post Doc Laser-Based Plasma Diagnostics“- preferably via our online application form – until 29th September 2023.
Your performance and personality count, regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or ideology. We look forward to receiving your applications!
The INP wants equal participation of men and women, especially in science. There are many good reasons why it is worthwhile to promote specifically the potential of women. Qualified female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Disabled applicants will be given preferential consideration if they are equally qualified.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Norbert Lang (tel. +49 3834 554452; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send your applications to*:
Leibniz-Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP)
Mrs Gabriele Lembke
Human Resources Department
* Unfortunately, we cannot refund any expenses associated with the application or job interview due to budgetary regulations.