VHIR offers a vacancy/vacant position for Post-Doctoral Researcher within the Microbiology Research Group
and the Shock, Organ Dysfunction and Resuscitation Group.
The Research Group of Microbiology at Vall d’Hebron Research Institute (VHIR) focuses on the study of the
microbiology aspects involved in the infectious diseases aimed at improving developing basic, translational
and clinical research that could improve the outcomes of patients with infectious diseases. We work with
special interest in studying the mechanisms involved in antimicrobial resistance, the sexually transmitted
infectious diseases, the study of viral and fungal infection in immunocompromised patients, the microbial
mechanisms involved in pathogenicity, microbial epidemiology as well as in the design and evaluation of new
molecular infectious disease diagnostic systems. More information about the Microbiology Research Group
can be found here.
The Shock, Organ Dysfunction and Resuscitation Research Group (SODIR) at Vall d’ Hebron Research
Institute (VHIR) has as an objective the research into the pathophysiology of systemic inflammatory response
induced by infection and the study of biomarkers, analysis of factors related to the development of multiple
organ dysfunction and outcome of severe sepsis, development of early mortality prediction scales in severe
sepsis, application of artificial intelligence in the management of severe sepsis and develope intelligent alarms
in critically ill patients, especially in severe sepsis, septic shock and multiple organ dysfunction. More
information about the Shock, Organ Dysfunction and Resuscitation Research Group can be found here.
- Participation in the coordination and development of the research project “Development of a new intelligent and
- predictive tool for the early diagnosis and improved treatment of sepsis”
- To stablish clinical and translational biomedical studies in the field of bacteremia and sepsis using for this the data and
- the collection of samples of the Sepsis Bank of Hospital Vall d’Hebron within the Microbiology and SODIR Research
- Project Management, Project Applications
- Writing scientific reports and papers
- Attending projects meetings and scientific conferences, and in outreach activities within the CPP2021-008464 project
- Support the researchers of the project.
- Research Field
- Biological sciences » Biology
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- Degree in Life Sciences and Health.
- PhD in Life Sciences and Health
- Good communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English (minimum level in English: C)
- Good publications and projects participation records
- Proactive, dynamic and outstanding organizational skills are required
- “Out-of-the-box” thinking
Experience and knowledge
- Experience of more than 3 years in clinical microbiology and/or infectious diseases
- Leadership capacity and proven international experience in the predoctoral and / or post-doctoral period
- Experience on international project management and project applications
- Strong background in clinical microbiology, infectious diseases, immunology, molecular biology, and sepsis
- Proven experience in data management, databases maintenance and statistics
- Knowledge on bioinformatics
- Full-time position: 40h/week.
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Gross annual salary: 28.000€
- Contract: temporary linked to project (project: CPP2021-008464, funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033 andEuropean Union-NextGenerationEU/PRTR
What can we offer?
- Incorporation to Vall d’Hebron Research Institute (VHIR), a public sector institution that promotes and
- develops the biomedical research, innovation and teaching at Vall d’Hebron University Hospital (HUVH),
- the biggest hospital of Barcelona and the largest of Catalan Institute of Health (ICS).
- A scientific environment of excellence, highly dynamic, where high-end biomedical projects are continuously
- Continuous learning and a wide range of responsibilities within a stimulating work environment.
- Personal training opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.
- 23 days of holidays + 9 personal days.
- Flexible Remuneration Program (including dining checks, health insurance, transportation and more)
- Corporate Benefits: platform through which you can obtain significant discounts on travel, culture, technology, gastronomy, sports… among many others.
- Healthy Offering: choose from a variety of wellbeing focused activities to be the healthiest you.