Call for Applications or Nominations – Beate Naroska Junior and Senior Guest Professorships 2023
Beate Naroska (1943–2008) was a professor in experimental particle physics at the University of Hamburg from 1989 to 2008. She was an excellent scientist, a very devoted teacher and a mentor of many young scientists. She performed most of her research at DESY and CERN and made pivotal contributions to a wide range of questions in particle physics using data from the ISR, PETRA and HERA accelerators. This guest professorship programme of the Cluster of Excellence Quantum Universe at Universität Hamburg and DESY has been established in her honour.
The guest professorship is awarded annually to two successful female scientists who distinguish themselves not only by their excellent research in one of the research areas of Quantum Universe (Higgs physics, Dark Matter, Gravitational Waves, Quantum Theories) but also by being a visible role model for women in the discipline.
The Award consists of a personal prize money (Senior Award 7500 €; Junior Award 5000 €) and a certificate. The awardees will receive an invitation to Hamburg for up to six months. Support for travel and living expenses including child care is available during the absence from the home institution. This additional budget will give them the opportunity to participate in the scientific activities of Quantum Universe, to collaborate with its members, and to actively contribute to the qualification of early career researchers within the Quantum Universe Research School.
Overall, the Beate Naroska guest professorship aims to:
- provide excellent research conditions for outstanding female researchers
- attract world leading researchers to Hamburg
- provide role models for women in the physical sciences and encourage networking
- start new and intensify existing collaborations
We encourage you to apply or nominate an outstanding female researcher by the 31st of October 2023. Applications should include:
- a scientific CV including main publications and teaching experience
- a statement of research interests (typically up to 5 pages)
- a statement about existing or potential cooperations with Quantum Universe researchers, as in the attached form.
- Please also include involvements in equal opportunity related initiatives.
Please send your application or nomination to email@example.com with the subject line Beate Naroska Professorship 2023. Elisabetta Gallo, the Quantum Universe Diversity Director (+49 40 8998-4849, firstname.lastname@example.org), is available for questions.
We invite you to visit our website for further information about the Cluster of Excellence Quantum Universe and our activities: https://www.qu.uni-hamburg.de/
|تصنيف الوظيفة||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|