→ Apply until 05/09/2023 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
→ Department GE39 – Department of Public Health and Primary Care
→ AAP temporary appointment – 50%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 202307/GE39/AS/028
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 9,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
• At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation. This dissertation is about chronic and targeted care for patients with multimorbidity. The exact research topic can be delineated in consultation with the candidate.
• You will assist in the teaching activities at the department in the areas of chronic care, family medicine and primary care. In addition, you will co-supervise theses around the PhD topic as co-promoter.
• You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• You hold a degree of Master in Medicine. The degree requirement needs to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
• For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted.
• You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services.
• Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
• You have excellent teaching and communication skills.
• You are a general practitioner in training.
• As stipulated by the regulations, the half-time mandate will in practice be supplemented to full-time, either by an additional appointment as WP, or by the candidate holding an additional job that contributes to scientific research in the specified field.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
• We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
• Your appointment will start on 1 October 2023 at the earliest.
• Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales
• All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
• In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
• In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
• In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession).
• If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
• In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted (if already in your possession, if not, you need to be able to provide proof that you have applied for a certificate of equivalence at the start of your appointment). The certificate can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en. For diplomas awarded in the UK before January 31st of 2020, a certificate of equivalence is not required
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. An De Sutter (An.DeSutter@UGent.be, +32 09/3326104).
|Job Category||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|