Appointment: September 1, 2024—August 31, 2026
Location: Austin, TX
Closes: 6pm CST, Monday, January 29, 2024.
The Center for Mexican American Studies (CMAS) in the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Texas at Austin is pleased to announce the Carlos E. Castañeda Postdoctoral Fellowship in Mexican American Studies. Supported by the Office of the President, this postdoctoral fellowship was established in memory of Professor Carlos Eduardo Castañeda (1896–1958), a UT Austin alumnus, librarian, and faculty member who was instrumental in the creation of the renown LLILAS Benson Latin American Collection. This postdoctoral fellowship appointment period begins September 1, 2024 and ends August 31, 2026.
- Reside in Austin area during the academic years of appointment.
- Actively participate in the activities of Latino Studies at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Engage with and/or make use of the archival materials at the LLILAS Benson Latin American Collection.
- Acknowledge the support of Latino Studies and other University of Texas at Austin resources in any projects or publications that emerge from the fellowship year.
- Make a public presentation to a Latino Studies audience on a topic researched during the period of the post-doc
STIPEND AND BENEFITS
Each fellowship will provide a stipend of $60,000, shared office space, research and travel funds, and health insurance benefits. The University of Texas at Austin is unable to pay salaries through home institution(s).
We encourage those in the early stages of their academic career to apply for this fellowship. Applicants must have completed their doctoral degree within the three years prior to the beginning of the fellowship year. The doctoral degree must be awarded by June 30, 2024 for consideration. Failure to comply will result in a significantly reduced award and/or change in appointment. Current UT Austin faculty members and recent UT Austin doctoral recipients are not eligible.
A complete application will consist of the following materials:
- Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Research Proposal (not to exceed 10 double-spaced pages)
- Writing Sample (not to exceed 25 double-spaced pages)
- Official Academic Transcript (from the doctoral-granting institution with proof of degree conferral)
- Three letters of reference that speaks to the merits of the proposed project
The application deadline is 6pm CST, Monday, January 29, 2024.
Please upload your cover letter, CV, research proposal, writing sample, and official transcript to Workday. Your references may email letters of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete application packets will be considered.
Questions regarding the Castañeda Postdoctoral Fellowship may be directed to Michael G. Lopez, Administrative Associate for CMAS, at email@example.com.
|Job Category||Stage et Formation|