What you will do
The evolution of semiconductor technologies has traditionally been driven by four factors: increase of performance, reduction of power consumption, area, and cost. Future technologies should also follow a sustainable scaling path where the environmental impact must be quantified and minimized. At imec, the research program Sustainable Semiconductor Technology and Systems assesses the environmental footprint of current and upcoming technologies with the goal to develop more sustainable solutions. This requires a holistic view on fabrication processes and technology options.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team and continue growing this exciting and crucial project. You will join a team of researchers who evaluate the environmental impact of today’s and future semiconductor technologies. You will help bring these evaluations up to system level and investigate alternative solutions at process, device, and design levels. You will assess these different options in terms of carbon footprint, water, and rare material usage, in order to develop future eco-friendly technologies (design for sustainability) and help define and communicate electronics sustainability roadmaps. You will work in close collaboration with teams in imec working on process integration and with people evaluating the actual electrical performance of the technologies under study. You will also interface with industrial partners and make sure these assessments are relevant for the industry.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, ‚our corporate university‘, we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Engineering or Sciences.
- You are fluent in coding and programming (python or equivalent) and have experience with big data analysis.
- You have good understanding of manufacturing and integrated circuits fabrication processes.
- You are comfortable in the field of electronics circuit design. System architecture knowledge is a plus.
- We appreciate your experiences in sustainability, environmental sciences, life cycle analysis.
- You are a communicative team player, but you can still work independently.
- You are creative and like taking initiative. You are accountable and can deliver on time.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
|Job Category||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|