TU Wien is Austria’s largest institution of research and higher education in the fields of technology and natural sciences. With over 26,000 students and more than 4000 scientists, research, teaching and learning dedicated to the advancement of science and technology have been conducted here for more than 200 years, guided by the motto „Technology for People“. As a driver of innovation, TU Wien fosters close collaboration with business and industry and contributes to the prosperity of society.
At the Institute of Computer Engineering, in the Research Unit of Cyber-Physical Systems TU Wien is offering a position as university assistant (post-doc) limited to 6 years for 40 hours/week. Expected start: November 2023.
- Carrying out independent and goal-oriented research activities in the fields of Cyber-Physical Systems engineering.
- Publication of research results in top-tier venues
- Participation in teaching activities, examinations and in supervisions of students.
- Participation and organization of scientific events
- Participation in research projects and in management of research projects
- Participation in organizational and administrative tasks
- Writing research proposals and independent application for third-party funding
- Completed doctoral studies in the field of computer science
- An outstanding publication records in top-venue related to Autonomous Cyber-Physical Systems Engineering and/or formal methods conferences (e.g., ICSE, ASE, FSE, EMSOFT, IROS, ICRA, CDC, RSS, HSCC, ICCPS, OOPSLA, CAV, TACAS, etc.)
- Strong research background in at least one of the following areas: verification and analysis of hybrid systems, neural networks, or probabilistic systems, testing of cyber-physical systems (e.g., scenario-based testing, falsification analysis, etc.), autonomous systems engineering and control (e.g., reinforcement learning, etc.).
- Extensive experience in developing software tools and research prototypes
- Interdisciplinary work
- Experience in teaching and in working with the students
- Ability to work in a team, problem-solving skills
- Organizational and analytical skills as well as a structured way of working
- Excellent skills in English communication and writing, knowledge of German (level B2) or willingness to learn it in the first year.
- Pleasant, cooperative working atmosphere and flexible working hours
- Central location of workplace with very good accessibility (U1/U4 Karlsplatz)
- A creative environment in one of the most liveable cities in the world
- German courses, if needed
- A highly competitive salary and a range of attractive social benefits (see Fringe- Benefit Catalogue of TU Wien)
- Excellent research environment in an internationally visible team (the working language in the research unit is English)
Entry level salary is determined by the pay grade B1 of the Austrian collective agreement for university staff. This is a minimum of currently EUR 4,351.90/month gross, 14 times/year for 40 hours/week. Relevant working experiences may increase the monthly income. We look forward to receiving your application until September 30th, 2023.
TU Wien is committed to increasing the proportion of women in particular in leadership positions. Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to women when equally qualified, unless reasons specific to a male applicant tilt the balance in his favour. People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university, Mr. Gerhard Neustätter.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us Carmen Keck | T: +43 1 588 01 406201 Here you can find also relevant information about the application process.
|Job Category||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|