Reports To: Department Chair
University Canada West has opened a new campus at Vancouver House and is experiencing significant growth. We are seeking a passionate learner-centered sessional faculty with specializations to teach:
MBAF 504: Business Economics
About University Canada West
UCW is a business and technology oriented, teaching intensive university and has the fastest growing MBA program in Canada. Balanced with a BCOM degree, a BA in Business Communications and an AA degree, UCW offers students a solid grounding in academic knowledge and skills, interactive, experiential education in business and digital literacy skills. Faculty are responsible for interactive engaging teaching, staying active in their field through scholarly activities, and serving their Departments and the UCW university community through committee work. Responsibilities include working with colleagues to develop or modify the curriculum, preparing and updating course materials, teaching, working with students to improve their knowledge and career readiness skills, assessing student progress through grading assignments, papers, exams and other work, and maintaining currency about changes and innovations in your field and related teaching implications (examples, activities, approaches).
- Create a positive classroom and learning environment through effective student engagement
- Provide constructive feedback to facilitate student learning and achievement
- Employ a variety of appropriate teaching/learning strategies and activities to actively engage students and to apply their learning
- Guide class discussions while encouraging debate, critical thinking and constructive feedback by students
- Employ and further develop skills in academic technologies and tools to enhance and support student learning
- Ensure teaching design and methods comply with pedagogical and UCW standards
- Assess student achievement of learning outcomes using a variety of assessments and learning activities
- Develop, revise and adapt appropriate learning resources for students
- Provide academic support to students inside and outside of the classroom (regularly scheduled office hours, email, group study sessions, etc.)
- Make appropriate student referrals to academic and personal university support programs as and when needed
- Contribute to high quality curriculum development and revision
- Maintain contacts with relevant industry and professional associations
- Attend and participate in department and university faculty meetings pertinent to faculty responsibilities
- Contribute to professional conferences, seminars, and workshops in your field of expertise and in teaching and learning
- Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery approaches and techniques
- Participate in professional development workshops, seminars and training and maintain your own continuing professional development
- Conduct further research into their specific field of knowledge and/or scholarship of teaching and learning
- Depending on expertise, instruct in a range of programs such as in the ACBSP accredited BCom & MBA programs, or in the BA Business Communications or Associate of Arts degrees.
General Requirements and Competencies for All Faculty
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience in effective teaching at the post-secondary level
- Willing to use or learn to use, academic technology and tools to enhance and support student learning
- Ability to teach in face-to-face, blended and online environments
- Ability to employ active learning, experiential learning and learner centered approaches to teaching
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to cultivating equitable and inclusive learning environments
- Demonstrated ability to teach students with diverse social identities and backgrounds
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Terminal degree in a relevant discipline PhD/DBA
- 5+ years experience post-secondary teaching in face-to-face, blended and online environments
- Experience in teaching students with diverse social identities and backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience employing active learning, experiential learning and learner centered approaches
- Professional experience in industry or business
- Knowledge and experience in course design and development
- Track record of scholarly activity in the field and/or scholarship of teaching and learning
- Evidence of excellence in teaching, assessing student work and providing constructive feedback
Specific Requirements and Competencies for [MBAF 504: Business Economics] Faculty
The specifics below may exceed or take precedence over general requirements and competencies
- Experience in leadership and managerial roles which required analyzing current economic trends and writing reports
Please note: UCW has limited online teaching vacancies and has immediate need for faculty to teach in-person at our downtown Vancouver campuses.
Interested applicants should submit the following materials (preferably as a single PDF file): cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) (please include your current physical address, email, and contact phone number) including evidence of teaching experience and scholarly accomplishments, cover letter clearly indicating the program and/or course(s), a sample syllabi, and teaching portfolio (if applicable) as well as the names of three referees to: email@example.com
Diversity and Inclusivity Statement
University Canada West is strongly committed to equity, diversity, and inclusivity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of color, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The University recognizes that applicants may have had obligations outside of work that have negatively impacted their record of achievements (e.g., parental, elder care, and/or medical). You are not required to disclose these obligations in the hiring process. If you choose to do so, the University will ensure that these obligations do not negatively impact the assessment of your qualifications for the position.
If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University acknowledges that the territories on which UCW and its campuses are situated are the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and Səl̓ílwətaʔ (Selilwitulh) Nations. We thank them for having cared for this land since time immemorial, honor their graciousness to the students who seek knowledge here and iterate our dedication to valuing the ongoing contributions of Indigenous peoples and communities.
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|