In the DIRECT project, funded by NWO, an interdisciplinary team of academics together with solar companies and cooperatives work on solar power plants for which buildings, nature, and agriculture surrounding the solar panels contribute to the solar energy collection. The project develops a new type of nanophotonic material which collects sunlight and sends invisible infrared light towards solar panels, and thus has the potential to enable more solar energy production per area at significantly reduced cost, environmental burden, and landscape alteration. The DIRECT project is embedded in the Solar Centre of the University of Twente offering a collaborative environment for shaping the future of solar energy!
We are looking for a motivated, creative and open-minded postdoc researcher who will study the possibilities, conditions and implications of new solar configurations enhanced with light-bundling surfaces, with a view on integration into established solar uses, such as buildings, emerging uses, such as agrovoltaics and potential new uses, e.g. in hydrogen production. You will furthermore develop socio-technical scenarios to explore possible pathways with relevant stakeholders.
We look for a highly motivated, enthusiastic researcher who is driven by curiosity and has:
- completed a PhD in Science and Technology Studies, Sustainable Transitions, Innovation Studies, or a related field, preferably an energy-related topic;
- experience in qualitative research methods including semi-structured interviews and organizing workshops;
- proven to be an team-player and is excited about working with scientists and practitioners from different backgrounds and motivated to contribute to academic and societal challenges;
- an excellent written and spoken command of English, as demonstrated by academic publications and presentations at international conferences and a good command of the Dutch language;
- good skills in managing time and research activities and experience in teaching.
- A 2 year full-time postdoc position;
- Gross monthly salary between € 3877,- and € 5.929 (depending on experience and qualifications);
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- Excellent support for professional and personal development;
- A solid pension scheme;
- 29 holidays per year in case of full-time employment.
Information and application
Are you interested to be part of our team? For questions about the position please approach dr. Kornelia Konrad, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your application before September 16, 2023, and include:
- A cover letter of at most 1.5 page A4, including a brief emphasizing your specific interest, qualifications and motivation to apply for this position;
- A full Curriculum Vitae, including the title of your dissertation and contact information for at least two academic references;
- A publication list.
About the department
You will join the Knowledge, Transformation & Society (KITES) section within the Technology, Policy & Society department. KiTeS was established in 2023 through the merger of the Science, Technology, and Policy Studies (STePS) section with the Center for Higher Education Policy Studies (CHEPS). We deliver world-class interdisciplinary research, intensive education and high-impact practical interventions and consultation. We assess technological innovation, higher education policies and socio technical change, studying the past and anticipating the future. We work towards better governance of knowledge and innovation, addressing major societal challenges together with the players in the field.
About the organisation
The Faculty of Behavioral, Management and Social sciences (BMS) aims to play a key role in understanding, jointly developing and evaluating innovations in society. Technological developments are the engine of innovation. As a technical university that puts people first, we tailor them to human needs and behavior and use social engineering to integrate them into society. We also ensure adequate governance at public and private level, and robust, inclusive and fair organizational structures. We do this by developing, sharing and applying high-quality knowledge in Psychology, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communication Sciences, Philosophy, Educational Sciences and Health Sciences. Our research and education in these disciplines revolves around tackling and solving societal challenges. The research programs of BMS are closely linked to the research of the UT institutes Mesa+ Institute for Nanotechnology, TechMed Center and Digital Society Institute.
As an employer, the Faculty of BMS offers work that matters. We equip you to create new possibilities for yourself and for our society. With us, you will become part of a leading technical university with increasing, positive social impact. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial atmosphere, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example through our flexible, adaptable benefits.
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Postdoctoral|