Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) – The Research University in the Helmholtz Association creates and imparts knowledge for the society and the environment. It is our goal to make significant contributions to mastering the global challenges of mankind in the fields of energy, mobility, and information. For this, about 9.800 employees of KIT cooperate in a broad range of disciplines in research, academic education, and innovation.
We are looking for the Institute for Biological Interfaces 1 – Biomolecular Micro- and Nanostructures (IBG 1) as soon as possible and limited for 2 years for a
Postdoc Biocatalysis (f/m/d) in Field of study: biotechnology, bioprocess engineering, biochemistry, chemistry
We are looking for an ambitious Research Associate (f/m/d) to join our team. The position offers the opportunity to participate in pioneering research projects in the field of biocatalysis. You can expect exciting and challenging tasks in a collaborative environment with excellent state-of-the-art equipment:
- Design and conduct experiments for the production, characterization and immobilization of enzymes for biocatalytic applications.
- Generation of innovative biocatalytic materials (especially hydrogels) and their integration into bioreactor systems
- Use of modern analytical methods (e.g. HPLC-MS, GC, inline NMR)
- Close collaboration with interdisciplinary teams to advance the development of new biocatalytic processes with the possibility of active participation in a spin-off company
- Completed PhD in biotechnology, bioprocess engineering, biochemistry, chemistry, or related field
- Expertise in the use of enzymes (protein engineering, expression / fermentation, chromatographic purification), analytical methods (e.g. activity assays, HPLC, GC) and ideally microfluidics
- Knowledge in scaling up biocatalytic processes desirable
- Experience in publication of research results as well as presentation at professional meetings
- Scientific curiosity, strong teamwork skills and self-motivation
- Experience or interest in spin-off activities is an advantage
Become a member of staff of the only German University of Excellence that conducts large-scale research on the national level. Work under excellent working conditions in an international environment and be active in research and academic education for our future. Benefit from specific training when starting your job and from a wide range of further qualification offers. Use our flexible working time models (flexitime, work from home), our sports and leisure offers, as well as our child and holiday care services. We also pay a share of EUR 25/month in the Job Ticket Baden-Württemberg. Enjoy a large variety of dishes, snacks, and beverages at our canteens.
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.
Please apply online until September 10, 2023 using the vacancy number 457/2023 to Ms Hena Ahmed, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Human Resources, Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany. For further information please contact Prof. Niemeyer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find further information on the internet: www.kit.edu
KIT – The Research University in the Helmholtz Association
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Postdoctoral|