A postdoctoral researcher position in experimental ion physics / physical chemistry is available at the J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry in Prague in close collaboration with the Quantum Optics Lab at Palacky University in Olomouc, Czech Republic. The research project concerns the construction of a cold molecular ion source that will utilize helium nanodroplets as the cooling medium. The resulting molecular ions will be injected into a Paul trap and co-trapped with laser-cooled atomic ions. Quantum logic spectroscopy on such systems will be performed. The position is initially open for two years with a possibility of prolongation. The salary is internationally competitive.
Type of contract: Temporary
Job status: Full-time
- Experience with building scientific apparatuses, with laboratory electronics and with high and ultra-high vacuum systems.
- Experience with one of the following techniques is an advantage: (i) multipole ion guides and ion traps, (ii) production of helium nanodroplets, (iii) spectroscopy of cold ions.
To apply, please send your CV, brief summary of previous research, list of publications, names plus e-mail addresses of 1 – 2 references to recruitment(at)jh-inst.cas.cz. Please write in the subject line of your email SC2023_23.
– 25 days paid leave of absence (holidays) per year + 3 days of paid sick-leave in addition to the statutory insurance
– Flexible working-time, the possibility of part-time work, work-life balance
– Lunch vouchers
– Subsidy for sports and cultural activities
– Recreation subsidy, recreation subsidy for children
– Possibility of attending children groups of the CAS
– Possibility to use discounts in recreation centers of the CAS
– Sports goods rental, free parking, trade union library
– Language courses
– Attractive location
– Health and social insurance paid mandatory by the institute
By providing us with your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of the J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry only. At the same time, you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Postdoctoral|