To strengthen our team in the division “Building Materials” in Berlin-Steglitz, starting 01.10.2023, we are looking for a
PostDoc (m/f/d) in the field of civil engineering, mineralogy, materials science or comparable
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract until 30.09.2025
Full-time / suitable as part-time employment
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes. At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
Applied research in the area «Stabilization of an earthen plaster through novel geopolymers».
Specific tasks include:
- Material characterisation of various ashes, calcined clays, and earthen building materials
- Development of an experimental design for two different applications
- Determination of performance indicators in comparison to reference products
- Data evaluation and interpretation
- Development of a monitoring concept for two prototypes
- Close coordination with the partners within the industry
- Preparation of reports, lectures and publications
- University degree (diploma or master’s degree) in the field of civil engineering, mineralogy, materials science, or a comparable field with a doctorate
- Ideally experience in working on (applied) research projects with industry partners
- Knowledge in the field of geopolymers and the corresponding investigation and analysis methods
- Ideally experience with earthen building materials
- Very good knowledge of English, German language skills are desirable
- Experience in project management, project coordination and project organisation is an advantage
- Experience in report writing and scientific publishing is desirable
- Good communication and information behaviour, goal-oriented and structured way of working, initiative/commitment and ability to make decisions, ability to work in a team and willingness to cooperate as well as conceptual, strategic and innovative thinking skills
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface of politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
We welcome applications via the online application form by 25.09.2023. Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, quoting the reference number 204/23-7.1 to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Referat Z.3 – Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Dr. von Werder will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104‑1713 and/or by email to Julia.von-Werder@bam.de.
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. In addition, BAM supports the integration of severely disabled persons and therefore especially welcomes their applications. With regard to the fulfilment of the job advertisement requirements, the application documents are examined individually. Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable.
The advertised position requires a low level of physical aptitude.
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Postdoctoral|