Workplace: Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary position with 1-year contract (the possible extension of the contract is due to the possibility of obtaining another grant), non-academic
Working Hours: 1 FTE (full-time employment of 40 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: 01.01.2024 or negotiable with respect to immigration timelines for non EU candidates
Number of Open Positions: 1
Pay: 45000 CZK Gross per month
Application Deadline: 22.10.2023
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is modern, dynamic and the most attractive university in the Czech Republic with ten faculties, more than 6500 staff and 33 000 students, a wide range of research areas and a strong international position. We are the largest academic employer in the South Moravian Region.
Faculty of Science MU, a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Department of Mathematics and Statisticsat the Faculty of Science MU offers a researcher position on the project Enriched categories and their applications, principal investigator John Bourke.
Key Duties: To conduct research in category theory and related areas
- Research Field
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
The applicant must have:
- Phd Degree in mathematics or related areas (or be close to obtaining one)
- Experience and strong background in areas related to the above-mentioned project
- Good communication skills (oral and written) in English
The applicant should have:
- High motivation to join the above research team
- Strong vision of future research interests
Informal inquiries about the position can be sent to John Bourke email email@example.com, phone +420 549 49 6167.
- An interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career compatibility
- Employee benefits such as 6 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, a financial meal allowance, lunches in canteens of MU, Multisport card, vaccinations free of charge, discounted language courses, exclusive mobile tariff offer by Vodafone, childcare groups at Campus and Komenského náměstí)
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic city(for more information on costs of living, you can refer to Numbeo)
- Welcome Office provides support with your relocation to Brno
The application shall be submitted online by 22 October 2023 via an e-application, please find the reference to the e-application: https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/76670.
The candidate shall provide following:
- Cover letter describing candidate’s research interest and experience
- Summary of research outputs and publications
- Names and contact details of at least 2 references.
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers.
Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal or online interview.
The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Visit our Career page.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- Website for additional job details
|تصنيف الوظيفة||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|