CUBE – Católica Lisbon Research Unit in Business and Economics at Católica Lisbon School of Business & Economics, Universidade Católica Portuguesa, is awarding a one Research Fellowship (BI) in the scientific field of Economics/Applied Economics, for the development of research in the frame of the project PTDC/EGE-ECO/7844/2020 entitled “Adjusting to Crisis: Impacts, Channels and Policies”, with the financial support of FCT – Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P. (FCT, IP) / MCTES through national funds (PIDDAC).
WORK PLAN AND GOALS
The selected candidate will conduct academic research in the field of Economics, with a strong quantitative component. The main duties of the researcher include:
• Develop and carry out theoretically informed and empirically grounded research focusing on the project topics described above;
• Manage large datasets, particularly for longitudinal microdata, such as “Quadros de Pessoal”;
• Perform statistical analysis and econometric analysis of the data using appropriate software (Stata, R);
• Carry out and develop collaborative research with other project colleagues and research groups;
• Prepare academic papers and presentations;
• Contribute to the organization of project events and activities (e.g. seminars, workshops) in collaboration with “PROSPER – Center of Economics for Prosperity” research center.
• At the time of the application, candidates must be holders of an Undergraduate degree in the scientific field of Economics or related scientific fields, and be enrolled or present proof of meeting the requirements to be enrolled in a master’s program in the referred scientific areas;
• In the case of candidates who are enrolled or who meet the conditions for the enrollment in a course that does not award an academic degree, only candidates who do not exceed, with the conclusion of the fellowship contract referred to in this notice, including the planned renewals, a cumulative period of two years in this type of fellowship, consecutive or interpolated, are eligible.
The following skills are required:
• Strong skills in Applied Economics;
• Good data collection and data analysis skills and ability to work in statistical software such as Matlab, STATA, Python or R;
• Ability to work in a team as well as independently;
• Written and spoken proficiency in English.
FELLOWSHIP’S DURATION AND START DATE
The fellowship will be awarded for a period of 03 months, in exclusive commitment. The fellowship may be renewed up to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable regulations. The renewal of the fellowship contract depends on the research fellow’s evaluation concerning the accomplishment of the work plan, the fulfillment of personal requirements for the fellowship renewal and the availability of funding in the project. The fellowship is planned to start in October or November of 2023.
MONTHLY MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCE
The fellowship’s maintenance allowance is 930,98 € per month, according to the table of values of the grants awarded directly by FCT, I.P. in the Country. Further information at https://former.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores.phtml.en. The fellowship will be paid monthly by bank transfer.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION
Applications are to be submitted in English.
Applications shall include the following documents:
1. Cover letter;
2. Curriculum Vitae including all the elements to access the admission requirements;
3. Master’s degree Certificate/Diploma, referring the final classification;
4. Proof of the enrolment in the required program or proof of meeting the requirements for the enrollment in the required program
In case of not being possible to obtain the certificate mentioned in 3. until the due date of the application, the candidate may replace them by declarations of their responsibility with the corresponding content, submitted electronically and, in case of grant of the fellowship, send the official certificates to CUBE, before the contract being handled.
DEADLINES AND SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Required documents should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com from September 19th to October 2nd, 2023 (until 5 pm Lisbon time) with the reference Subject: CUBE-7844-BI/5- #Candidate’s name#.
- Organisation name
Universidade Católica Portuguesa – CATÓLICA-LISBON
- Organisation Country
- More Information
|Job Category||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|