The scholarships usually cover 75 percent of the tuition fee but a few scholarship from the Linnaeus Academy of Science and Business cover 100 percent of the tuition fee. Students can apply for scholarships until 1st of February for the upcoming autumn semester, please see when the application opens below. There are no scholarships available for the spring semester.
Linnaeus University Scholarships are for students who:
- are from a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland
- have applied for a study programme at Linnaeus University via www.universityadmissions.se, before 15th of January AND have sent all required documents before 1st of February, and
- have filled in the application form on our website before 1st of February.
Application round is open January 18th – February 1st, 2017.
There are a number of scholarships available, each providing up to a 75 percent tuition fee waiver for the full programme. From autumn 2016 a few scholarships will be full coverage of tuition fees at the School of Business and Economics in Kalmar in association with The Linnaeus Academy of Science and Business (see below). The scholarships will initially be granted for one semester, but will automatically be extended for the duration of the study program (2 up to 6 semesters) provided that study results are satisfactory.
Based on which criteria will Linnaeus University select the students who will be awarded scholarships?
Linnaeus University’s decision to award scholarships will primarily be based on the students‘ academic merits. Usually this is based on the CGPA, but the ranking of the previous university and the students‘ proficiency in English will also be considered. Linnaeus University also favors an even distribution of students when it comes to country of origin and gender.
Who is funding the scholarships?
Linnaeus University has received funding from a fund powered by the Swedish government. All Swedish universities have received money for scholarships from this fund.
How to apply for Linnaeus University scholarships These are the steps that need to be taken in order to apply for a Linnaeus University scholarship.
1. Make your programme application at www.universityadmissions.se by January 15th.
2. Fill out the Scholarship application form on our website. The application round is open between January 18th and February 1st 2017.
We need the following documents from you:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
The motivation letter should contain a maximum of 600 words. Please answer the following questions in your motivation letter:
- Why do you want to study this programme at Linnaeus University?
- What other qualities do you have besides academic excellence?
- What are your career aspirations?
The deadline for the application is February 1st. Remember that it is important to fully complete your application on www.universityadmissions.se and on our website in order to qualify for our scholarship. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Students who have been granted a scholarship will be notified by the end of March.