The CNIC is searching for a Senior Researcher who will lead and develop a research line in the field of cardiovascular research aligned with any of the main research areas of the center.
As group leader, the selected candidate will be responsible for the development of the research lines of the laboratory. Moreover, she/he will be expected to obtain extramural funding from the most competitive national and international sources to finance such projects, and to publish scientific results in international journals of the highest impact factor in the cardiovascular field, and/or general medicine field, and/or multidisciplinary sciences field. The selected candidate will supervise the work of all members of the group, including research and technical staff. Other tasks include the coordination and management work requested by CNIC leadership including participation in committees and helping in other needs that may arise.
- Research Field
- Biological sciences » Other
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- PhD in the field of Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Medicine, etc.).
- At least 10 years of experience as Group Leader in a research center with international recognition in the cardiovascular field.
- A minimum of 6 scientific publications (original articles) as corresponding author (or co-corresponding author) in journals ranked in the first decile of their field in the last 5 years (e.g., since September 2018).
- Experience as Principal Investigator and/or Coordinator in research grants obtained from international* funding sources in the last 5 years. (*funder based outside Spain).
- Main topic of research aligned with one of the research programs of the CNIC (https://www.cnic.es/en/research-programs).
- A research position in a consolidated Research Centre of international scientific relevance.
- Access to state-of-the art infrastructures and advanced technologies.
- Integration into an excellent scientific environment.
- Immediate incorporation adaptable to the candidate circumstances
- Permanent position in accordance with the Spanish labour law (Contrato de duración indefinida) and according to “Tasa de Reposición: Resolución de Hacienda del 21 de agosto del 2023. N/REF. 2304381”
- C1. Scientific production: publications (original articles) as corresponding author (or co-corresponding author) in journals ranked as first decile in their fields in the previous 5 years (i.e. date of publication since September 2018). Only published papers (or available online ahead of print in the journal) will be evaluated. The CV must include the complete list of authors and the journal´s impact factor and ranking in the year of publication for each publication published since September 2018.
This criterion will be valued according to the number of papers. (30%)
- C2. Fundraising (international): Projects obtained from international* funding sources as principal investigator or coordinator in the previous 5 years (i.e. active projects in September 2018 onwards).
*funder based outside Spain
This criterion will be valued according to the relevance of the funding source, the amount granted, and the number of projects. The CV must include each project, indicating the role of the candidate in the grant, amount granted, period of funding, and funding agency. (20%)
- C3. Fundraising (national): Projects obtained from national funding sources as principal investigator or coordinator in the previous 5 years (i.e. active projects in September 2018 onwards).
This criterion will be valued according to the relevance of the funding source, the amount granted, and the number of projects. The CV must include each project, indicating the role of the candidate in the grant, amount granted, period of funding, and funding agency. (10%)
- C4. International recognition: Participation in international committees/boards, grant evaluation panels, invited talks in major international meetings, and editorial boards in the previous 5 years.
This criterion will be valued according to the relevance of the boards, role played in these, and number of activities. (10%)
- C5. Training and mentoring: Experience in training and mentoring of young researchers (PhD students, postdoctoral researchers, MD trainees, etc), and participation in training courses in the previous 5 years.
This criterion will be valued according to the number of PhD thesis directed (defended in the evaluation period), number of postdoctoral fellows supervised with subsequent research position in other centers and the relevance of such positions (which should be indicated in the CV), and role in training courses. (5%)
- C6. Impact on society: Translation of research discoveries to the clinics, invention of patents, relation with industry in the previous 5 years.
This criterion will be valued according to the relevance of research for society/patients, number and relevance of patents, and research interactions with industry. (10%)
- C7. Cardiovascular focus: Cardiovascular nature of the papers published as corresponding author (or co-corresponding author) and of the projects as principal investigator in the previous 5 years.
This criterion will be evaluated as the weight of cardiovascular research in the overall scientific production and fundraising of the candidate. (10%)
- C8. Underrepresentation of gender by category, in accordance with Action S1 of the 2021-2024 Equality Plan, positive action in calls for posts. (5%)
The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score is higher than 85 points (see below Evaluation Criteria C1-C8).
Caractéristiques de l'emploi
|Catégorie emploi||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|