The AUF Americas is launching a call for applications for the “Scholarships for exemption from additional tuition fees” within the framework of the Agreement signed between the AUF and the Government of Quebec regarding student mobility at the university level. This Quebec government scholarship program will allow international students at the master’s and doctoral level who have already been admitted to French-speaking universities in Quebec to be exempted from the additional tuition fees normally required for pursuing studies in French in Quebec and to benefit from the same tuition fees as Quebec students in university education.
In addition, selected students will benefit from a round-trip plane ticket, a first-year installation bonus and an annual financial allowance from the AUF (see the Regulations document ) .
This call concerns candidates admitted to the fall 2023 or winter 2024 sessions who meet the following two prerequisites:
- For Masters students:
- Have completed the courses and obtained a license in one of the establishments of the “South” members of the AUF;
2. Have been admitted to a master’s program in French in all disciplines combined in a French-speaking higher education institution in Quebec (short programs and specialized graduate studies diplomas are excluded);
- For doctoral students:
1. Have completed the courses and obtained a master’s degree in one of the “South” establishments that are members of the AUF.
2. Have been admitted to a doctoral program in French in all disciplines combined in a French-speaking higher education institution in Quebec (short 3rd cycle programs are excluded ).
The AUF Americas aims to contribute to the strengthening of the scientific Francophonie with a view to solidarity through student mobility in order to strengthen the scientific and research capacities of the establishments of the “South” members of the AUF.
More specifically, this program will:
- Strengthen the scientific and research capacities of students, master’s and doctoral students, from establishments in the “South” that are members of the AUF;
- Promote the development of an international research network between higher education establishments in Quebec and establishments in the “South” that are members of the AUF;
- Promote exchanges between higher education establishments in Quebec and establishments in the “South” that are members of the AUF.
Deadline for submitting applications: April 9, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (Montreal, Quebec time)
Result of the call for applications: May 15, 2023
To download the call for applications in PDF format: click HERE
To download the Rules*: click HERE
To find out if an establishment is a member of the AUF : Click HERE
*It is important to read the PDF version of the call for applications to know all the eligibility conditions, and the “Regulations”, because they define the operating framework of the exemption scholarships and apply to ALL candidates
The submission of the application file must be done online.
To access the online form: click HERE
The supporting documents must all be in PDF format and attached to the online form. No parts will be accepted by any other means of transmission.
For any questions regarding this call for applications, please write to the email address: Boursesemail@example.com .