Teaching Assistant/Associate Professor
Position Number :
Vacancy Open to :
EHH BSOM Anatomy and Cell Biology
Department Homepage :
Advertising Department :
ANATOMY & CELL BIOLOGY
Classification Title :
Teaching Assistant Professor/Teaching Associate Professor
Working Title :
Anatomy and Cell Biology – Faculty Position
Number of Vacancies :
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
Full Time or Part Time :
Commensurate with Qualifications
Position Location (City) :
Job Category :
Organizational Unit Overview:
The Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology is dedicated to the discovery, development, and promotion of biomedical knowledge involving cell biology and the anatomical sciences of human gross anatomy, developmental anatomy, neuroanatomy, and histology. Through this mission, we aim to improve human health through innovative educational programs and excellence in research and scholarly activities in a dynamic and diverse learning community. The department promotes the utilization of virtual learning platforms as adjunct instructional tools to accomplish this mission.
East Carolina University is located in Greenville, North Carolina. Greenville is Eastern North Carolina’s cultural, educational, medical, and economic center. The Greenville/Pitt County area has a population of approximately 175,000 and is one hour from the Research Triangle to the west and the Crystal Coast to the east. East Carolina University (28,000 students) is part of a vibrant healthcare community including ECU Health, a level 1 trauma center, and a 1400+ bed health system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties.
Job Duties :
The Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University (ECU) seeks a full-time faculty member at the Teaching Assistant Professor or Teaching Associate Professor level. This is a non-tenure track, fixed-term appointment “ with consideration of a three-to-five-year renewable appointment”. The duties of the new faculty member recruited to this position will include, but are not limited to:
50% Laboratory Teaching:
- Develop and deliver materials related both to lecture and cadaveric laboratory sessions in Medical Gross Anatomy and embryology.
40% Class Organization:
- Contribute to and enhance the departmental educational mission with responsibility for teaching students enrolled in other health professional programs primarily in human gross anatomy (including cadaveric dissection)
10% Committee Work:
- Contribute to departmental, school, and institutional professional service (i.e., serving on departmental, school, or institutional committees and/or task forces)
The rank and distribution of activities in teaching and service will depend upon the qualifications and previous teaching experience of the individual recruited to the position. The faculty member will have the opportunity to participate in collaborative intradepartmental and interdepartmental research activities. Applicants from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
“Contingent upon the availability of funds”
Minimum Education/Experience :
- Ph.D., D.Sc., or D. Phil. degree from an appropriately accredited institution in anatomy or a closely related field. “ABD candidates will be appointed with the probationary term rank of Assistant Professor and must have the terminal degree conferred prior to his/her first reappointment”.
- Experience with virtual anatomy and/or histology educational platforms.
- Experience in human cadaveric dissection
- Experience in teaching human gross anatomy
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education :
- Experience in teaching histology and/or neuroanatomy.
- Experience working with diverse student populations.
- At least 1+ years of experience teaching human and embryology.”
- At least 1+ year teaching in medical education or health science education curriculum”
Special Instructions to Applicant :
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the following required applicant documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter/letter of Interest (include statements describing experience with, and commitment to equity and diversity in teaching, research, and service).
- List of three references (noting contact information) including one that can specifically address cadaveric dissection skills.
- Teaching Philosophy
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
At the time of employment two to three original letters of reference, official transcripts, a criminal background check, and proper documentation of identity and employability are required. Please be aware that if selected for an interview, an automatic e-mail will be sent to the individuals entered by the applicant in the References section of the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system. Letters of reference submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system will be verified and considered towards meeting this requirement.”
“Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.”
Additional Instructions to Applicant:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Job Open Date :
Open Until Filled:
Initial Screening Begins :
Associate Professor, Assistant Professor
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or ADA-Coordinator@ecu.edu.
Eligibility for Employment :
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to email@example.com. Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi
|Catégorie emploi||Enseignement et recherche scientifique|